PDA

View Full Version : Shock AGN back to life!

Pryme8
05-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Ok, well since ZC is dead, and most of you guys have nothing to do...

So i started a project that may be fun for anyone interested!

The project has yet to be named, but the ideas behind all of it all being worked out.

First ill give you at least something to bite into.

here are some ideas for graphics ive started to mess with.

First some black and white outlines of various weapons, top set are small weapons, middle are medium and the top are Large!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4691/prymeweapons.gif

This image shows several of the weapons from the black and white picture modified. The basic weapon is showed first then a +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 variants. Enchanted weapons of the same weapon type are also showed and have the same upgrade pattern.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2162/prymecolorexample.jpg

and shown here is a small clip from the world map which will be broken down and have more detailed areas.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3969/worldexample03.jpg

I am looking for anyone talented who may be interested in somethings that may be satisfying project.

MasterSwordUltima
05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Shattered Earth was already made.

Prrkitty
05-09-2009, 07:20 PM
And we're still trying to get it going again and KEEP it going... please and thank you (SE that is).

Joe123
05-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Ohhh youre all 'zc si dead im goin go make agn alive by posting some pictures of sword's

EDIT:
Oh, sorry...

ZC isn't dead though.

Master Ghaleon
05-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Not sure what kind of project you are starting but are you trying to do a mmorpg? Little bit more info would be great ;)

ShadowTiger
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Ok, well since ZC is dead, and most of you guys have nothing to do...You just made somebody somewhere cry. I hope you're happy. :mad:

(Though as a stand-alone project, this is something I'm sure I would find myself doing. I did this stuff in Elementary School, just to doodle. I turned a rusted dagger into a rusted dagger +43. It was so badass. It had its own lion.)

Beta Link
05-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Ok, well since ZC is dead, and most of you guys have nothing to do...
For ****'s sake, ZC is not dead. (shardstorm.com)

Good luck with this project though, in any case. =/

AtmaWeapon
05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
First some black and white outlines of various weapons, top set are small weapons, middle are medium and the top are Large!:mega:

Honestly what it will take to "shock AGN back to life" is both of these related things:
Some big publicity thing for ZC. AGN's biggest-ever infusion of members (and the reason a lot of us even ever came here) happened after ZC was put on download.com. I stumbled upon it by accident at that site, played with it for a bit, then came to AGN to see what else was here. I bet I'm not the only one. Right now, the only places I know that publicize ZC are ZC-related sites. No new members means it's just the same old bastards throwing the same insults at each other every day.
A bunch of new members come and don't leave. AGN's just the same old bastards throwing the same insults at each other every day. We need some new members, and it'd be nice if we'd give them a reason to stay. There's a list of cool people that are lost to time; if they won't come back we need to replace them with new cool people.

Also you might want to follow the example of successful projects with this kind of recruiting post: first make something interesting, then release it and mention that participation is desired. "I drew some weapons and a generic map" doesn't cut it. Make something playable that looks like it has potential. You're asking people to get stoked and devote hours of effort to a project; you need to demonstrate that you're invested as well and you aren't going to decide that it's more fun to toke up than try to finish the job. The "I'm devoted" part is a lot more convincing when you've got a good demo level. If it's really fun but has crappy graphics, sound, or text, people will look at and say "Whoa, if he let me draw/play/write this has a lot of potential!" If it's a bunch of art and ideas on paper, people will ask you to let them know when it's finished.

Pryme8
05-10-2009, 12:38 AM
y'all are some sour pusses. anyways its gonna be a browser based mmorpg intensive on the player building and battles which i hope to set up to be able to be 50 on 50... highly pvp oriented.

Beldaran
05-10-2009, 12:45 AM
its gonna be a browser based mmorpg

I've heard this like ten thousand times from ten thousand different people and I have yet to say a single one get completed, and only a few even get basic functionality of any kind.

Russ
05-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Seems neat, although I'm not too into MMORPGs.

Although I feel like killing you for that ZC comment. :(

AtmaWeapon
05-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I've heard this like ten thousand times from ten thousand different people and I have yet to say a single one get completed, and only a few even get basic functionality of any kind.See this? This is why I said, "Wake me up when it works." There's a million "projects" and only hundreds of playable games-in-progress. Make yours a game-in-progress and I bet people won't be the same size dicks about it.

It's not being a sour puss, it's the result of getting excited about "this new project I'm working on oh so awesome" a few times in the past, spending hours creating content for said content, then having the creator disappear or post "yeah it's not going anywhere thanks for the help but the project's over". Make something small that you can complete yourself, complete it, then open it up.

MottZilla
05-10-2009, 02:58 PM
For ****'s sake, ZC is not dead. (shardstorm.com)

Good luck with this project though, in any case. =/

The last update was at _L_, 2009-05-10 01:58:34. That's like a whole 12 hours ago. The project might as well be dead! :p

Anyways you should just ignore this Beta Link. People always bring this sort of thing up and nothing ever happens.

Fabiano the Spy
05-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I should just slap "ArmageddonGames.net" somewhere in my game when it's released. Perhaps before the title screen. Eh. Maybe not such a great idea. But hey, whatever.

As for your "project". How were you planning on putting this together? Can you code in anything, even? I'm not trying to be mean, I've just seen this a lot myself from a lot of people when you work in the game design world.

I see about 3 new faces a day of people saying they're going to make the next cool game like what you're talking about. A month will pass and I'll shoot them an email asking how it's going, and well...I was right. The project died down instantly. It's cool that you have ideas, but I have to agree, you should have something playable, even if it's 5 minutes long. In that 5 minutes you could show off some kickass potential and get some peoples interest.

I'm quite busy myself with getting my game ready for publish day, but hopefully within the next month or two I'll have some free time. I'd like to contribute to something like SE, etc, so if you have something rolling, I might poke around with it.

Good luck.

Pryme8
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I can program in quite a few languages... which one its gonna be dedicated to I'm not sure.

but basically I need some hardcore programmers, I'm not into programing as much as the design aspect of the game.

Right now me and my neighbor are working on getting the math part of the battle system and things done. Not in actual programing but on pen and paper.

The reason i posted the idea on here is because I figured at least one of you would like to help.

I at least one programmer
and two more graphic artists. one for player design, and someone interested in armor design.

The one thing I am good at is getting projects done... that's what I get paid for at least, so I figure if in the professional world I can get shit done why not in the Garage Game world?

MottZilla
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
You just said it. In the "Garage Game" world you don't get paid. That's the motivator in the professional arena. It's different when not being paid.

Generally homemade projects have the same sticking points which are artists and programmers. Good luck.

Pryme8
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
well, Actually I plan on paying hard working members.

Fabiano the Spy
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.getafreelancer.com/

Post what you need done to get your average rates ;)

Else, you're still going to need to follow mine, and a couple other posters advice..have something playable and cool looking at first. Otherwise, you'll be doing a whole lot of paying ;)

Archangel
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I checked with my buddy death, and he disagrees... ZC is not dead, but the necromancers are trying to revive SE and it seems he is find with that. ;)