PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beer

Brasel
05-09-2009, 12:42 AM
What is your favorite beer? Mine is definately Killian's Irish Red. I've been pretty partial to Shlafley's Oatmeal Stout lately as well. Shlafley's is a local beer. Its fucking amazing. You all should come to St. Louis to try it out.

Love you AGN.

Prrkitty
05-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I never did like the taste of any beer I tried... but I SURE do like root beer :)

Beldaran
05-09-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm allergic to beer.

Aliem
05-09-2009, 04:16 AM
I officially love you, Anthony. Killian's Irish Red was what turned me onto the fact that beer can actually taste good. Since my first pull of that delightful stuff, I've since started drinking a lot of amber ale. As for local beers, Dragonsbreath is really good; it's a dark wheat beer, Really good stuff,

My favorite beer to date, though, is Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat. It smells like joy and tastes like freedom. Their Boston Lager is a staple, though,

Archibaldo
05-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Pabst Blue Ribbon. Cheapest beer where I'm from. It's American and it tastes like crap, but it brings back memories.

ShyGuy0824
05-09-2009, 10:05 AM
I like Chimay, Franziskaner, Newcastle, and Brooklyn Brown...

My #1 would probably be Chimay - but if you don't consider that a 'beer', I'd choose Brooklyn Brown.

moocow
05-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Bud light/Budweiser... Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat has a really nice after taste. Glitch left some Heineken here last weekend, so I drank a couple of those, I like that. Landshark, Red Stripe, like those... lol. But I mostly stick to Bud Light.

ShadowTiger
05-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I never did like the taste of any beer I tried... but I SURE do like root beer :)

Ditto. Cream Soda is more my fancy though. Not quite sure why.

The carbonation sort of kills it for me, but only in either mass amounts, or if it's completely flat.

Link 101
05-09-2009, 11:50 AM
IBC Root beer is the closest I get to drinking beer. To kind of keep to the main question though, I actually think if I DID drink, I'd probably be like, a local beer guy. I'd probably drink beer that has a darker color because it looks more appetizing than the generic, piss-yellow beer.

Master Ghaleon
05-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Yuengling

granite
05-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Redhook double black stout with starbucks coffee

punkonjunk1024
05-09-2009, 05:04 PM

Pryme8
05-09-2009, 05:54 PM
heineken

but im drinking Samuel Adams white ale right now...

Rijuhn
05-10-2009, 04:40 AM
I really enjoy Guinness. It feels like a nourishing draught of the earth, crafted by the high elves, in that magical Tolkien kind of way.

I know that description sounds kinda gay...

I also really like Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat Ale. The cherry is a perfect compliment to the wheat.

biggiy05
05-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm not a beer drinker. I drink Jack Daniels and I'll do shots of vodka every now and then.

Brasel
05-10-2009, 11:29 AM

I had 312 for the first time a couple weeks ago, it is rather tasty.

granite
05-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Has anyone here tried Redhook Double Black stout with Starbucks coffee?
It was brewed back in the early 90's.
I think they were brewing it this last year for a limited time but I think that ended last Febuary.

Modus Ponens
05-11-2009, 01:44 AM
I do love Killian's, I must say, but my favorite is hefeweizen, and I'm quite fond of local-ish brewer Pyramid's hef. Watch me drink a bottle of it in this video my friend made for his friend's birthday (http://www.stevebarnes.org/incoming-chat.mov)!

Masamune
05-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Heineken, MGD, and Corona.

Glitch
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Heineken or Blue Moon

I'm allergic to beer.

Side effect of having your testicles snipped eh?

Matteo
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
It is always changing, but probably right now the Stone Ruination IPA or the Bell's Two-Hearted Ale. Any IPA will usually do the trick, but I also love stouts, pilsners, and other varieties. It usually is determined by the season: alot of porters, brown ales, and other heavy beer in the winter, and some weisses and pilsners (Stoudt's, Troegs Sunshine) during the summer. IPA all year round.

Beer is pretty much my favorite thing in the world and it makes me sad that Beldaran doesn't drink it...
IT IS proof that God exists and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin

punkonjunk1024
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Personally, I find hard liquor and dessert wines to be more appealing. I'm a rye whiskey sour kind of man. But if I do drink beer, my concern is most heavily the palatability of the finish. Too many beers finish like shit.
But I think that's me being both a coffee snob and a not really beer drinker.

Jigglysaint
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Yuengling

*cues the triforce music from Zelda 1*

Since I don't drink anymore, I actually drink one called Becks, since it's totally alcohol free. Still has a beer taste, er, sort of. Damnit I miss beer now!

My least favorite beer would have to be Miller. Oh god, Miller... Actually it's great because I get to tease my, er, one of my church leaders about it since his last name is Miller. Every time he walks into the place I'm working at(I volunteer at the church's food bank, he's the church psycho-analyst), I say "Hey everybody, it's Miller Time!" It's an old Murphy Brown joke, but it works so well, and on so many levels.

Zaphod Q. IX
05-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Right now it's tecate (http://cervezatecate.com/).

That may be because I've had 8 of them.

ShyGuy0824
05-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh zaphod...

To be fair, I buy coors light most of the time for the homestead. I like good dark beers as treats though. And for those of you who only like root beer - if you're bar-age, see if you can find a bar that serves it on draft. I promise, it's worth it. There's one near where I live called rocklands (it's a bbq place), and they have great root beer on tap

Rammstein
05-20-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm allergic to beer.

Man im sorry to hear that. That must suck, can you still have vodka and whatnot?

My fav beer has to be Budweiser, all the other brands makes me want to throw up after I take a sip. But I would go for a cooler more than a beer. I love coolers

infomercialscam
05-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Hello,

Well, if I am forced to decide which beer was coming close to be the best one I ever experienced, I guess I have to choose for Närke Stormaktens Porter. It was extremely expensive, those 20cl, but it was worth every drop.