PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Editor Changes/Additions

idontknow
05-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Change the Bomb projectile to:

-Bomb (Shoot)
-Bomb (Drop, Auto)
-Bomb (Drop, Proximity)

Basically change it so that enemies can shoot bombs forward (as they do now if Bomb or Lit Bomb is selected as a projectile) or an enemy can drop a bomb underneath itself, similar to the "Fire Trail" projectile type. The bomb it drops will either explode automatically a second or so after the enemy moves to a new combo or it'll only explode when Link comes within a few spaces of the bomb.

And 2 more Flame projectiles:

-Flame Ring (small): Instead of shooting a flame forward or a stream of flames, it creates a ring of 8 flames surrounding it, just like the "Wizzroble - Flame" enemy.

-Flame Ring (Large): Creates an even larger ring of flames at a greater distance from the enemy, like 16 flames.

Also, projectiles should be available for more enemies, not just the few that we have already. For example, currently a "tektite" enemy cannot shoot projectiles. But why not? Why not have a tektite that can lay a bomb after it jumps? Or shoot fireballs?

And leavers--leavers cannot shoot bombs, rocks, fireballs, flames, magic, etc. Why not? I wanted to have a new enemy that is of the leever type but looks like a Deku & shoots rocks--I discovered that unfortunately, Leever type enemies cannot shoot projectiles.

Also, some other Flags (checkboxes) that should be implemented for ALL enemies should be:

-Excluded from Enemies->Secrets/Items: If checked, you dont need to kill this enemy in order for items or secrets to be triggered from the "Enemies->Secrets" or "Enemies->Item" Screen Flags. Currently boulders, rocks, & zoras exhibit this property.

-Cannot Be Stunned by B'rang/Hookshot: If the item hits this enemy, it'll go back to Link w/out freezing the enemy.

-Invulnerable to Kill All Enemies Item: Must be killed manually, not by this item.

-No "Poof" sprite upon death: When you kill the enemy, it disappears w/out any "Poof" sprite.

XMuppetSB
05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
I mentioned at least two of these a while back...
In addition, I think there should be a sound effects tab in the enemy editor to include the following sound effects for enemies to use:
Background Sound (already in there); Firing Sound (some enemies use specific firing sounds, while some do not have firing sounds); Damage Sound 1 (Most bosses use this when killed); Damage Sound 2 (the Roar sound effect for when bosses take damage or are killed); Death Sound 1 (Most bosses use the damage sound effect when killed); Death Sound 2 (See Damage Sound 2). Also, instead of having to type in the number of the sound effect to be used (which makes it difficult), why not use a drop box that just lets you select the sounds by clicking them.
As for the many unimplemented vulnerability flags, who knows when the hell they'll be programmed!:shrug:

_L_
05-07-2009, 06:20 AM
The enemy code isn't as easy to fiddle with as the Item Editor, so it will only be improved when I have the time and opportunity to move around several of ZC's internal organs. Sadly, that is not right now. Temper your patience.