PDA

View Full Version : sonic 3 + knuckles... Can anyone besides sonic use the chaos emeralds?

punkonjunk1024
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Man, couldn't fit everything in there, but that's the basic idea... it's been a long, LONG time since I went through the two games together. I'm pretty sure those two together end in doomsday zone or whatever, right?

So... can anyone else access that zone or do anything cool with the emeralds? I always heard rumors of it as a kid, but that stuff isn't refutable and such.

Gamefaqs isn't helping. :(

The_Amaster
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I...don't think Knuckles can use the plain ol' chaos emeralds, but I know both Knuckles and Tails can use the Super Emeralds, the ones you get in Mushroom Hill Zone.

Aegix Drakan
05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Sonic and Knux can both use the emeralds to go super in levels.

All 3 characters can use the hyper emeralds to go super in levels.

Only sonic can go to the doomsday zone.

:P I would know. I played the hell out of that game.

Russ
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Well, only Sonic can use the them to go to the Doomsday Zone, but other can use them too.

With all the Super Emeralds, Knuckles can become Hyper Knuckles. He basically just faster and invincible, and in my opinion, not worth it.

And with the Super Emeralds, Tails can become Super Tails. He is the ultimate weapon of destruction. He's invincible, is super fast, and has four super flickies flying around him that automatically seek and destroy anything that gets near him. Pure awesomeness. :)

vegeta1215
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah, playing through the game as Tails and Knuckles, and then getting to play as their super powered forms was really fun. Some parts are definitely trickier with those characters. The final boss fight for Knuckles' game was hard until you got the pattern down.

punkonjunk1024
05-06-2009, 11:02 PM
aw man, I wish they could do doomsday zone. That zone is so much fun, and it won't feel... complete without doing it as sonic. Too bad, too.

Russ
05-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Well, if you think about it, it would be impossible with Tails. The Super Flickies would automatically destroy the missiles, which means you couldn't hurt Eggman. :)