PDA

View Full Version : Lost Island subscreen

StrickNine
05-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Hi, I just started lost island. Got the bow, but I can't choose it on the subscreen. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, wtf no search button for this forum??

Phoenix :p
05-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Maybe you didn't get the arrows...

CaRmAgE
05-05-2009, 09:11 AM
If you can't use the bow, you most likely haven't found the arrows yet, like Phoenix said. They're also located underground where you found the bow.

Only premium members have access to the search function. If you're looking for the main help thread, you can find it here (http://armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98432).

StrickNine
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
So there are different arrows than the ones I've been picking up? Those are for currency only? wtf?

CaRmAgE
05-05-2009, 11:26 PM
The arrows you've picked up so far are for currency and ammo. In order to actually fire the arrows from the bow, you first need a separate item called "Wooden Arrow." Strange, I know, but that's how the bow works.

Oh, and you're not the first person to ask this question, so don't feel too bad about it.

StrickNine
05-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Haha, well thanks for all the help. I don't think the search function should be for premium members, probably would alleviate a lot of needless threads...

DarkFlameWolf
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
well, you see, in the ZC engine, whenever you fire an arrow off, a rupee goes missing from your stash. So the only 'reasonable' way to explain this is to make the currency of Lost Isle the arrows themselves. The only weird drawback? Got to find the wooden arrow to shoot with. Weird, yes, I know. You can't really win in that situation anyway.

King Aquamentus
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
you're new at this aren't you

DarkFlameWolf
05-08-2009, 08:22 PM
yes, I'm completely new. I've made over 10 quests, half of them large scale and quite popular with many of them ranking in the 10 ten on many ZC websites. I'm quite the newbie. :P

Anthus
12-04-2009, 05:07 AM
well, you see, in the ZC engine, whenever you fire an arrow off, a rupee goes missing from your stash. So the only 'reasonable' way to explain this is to make the currency of Lost Isle the arrows themselves. The only weird drawback? Got to find the wooden arrow to shoot with. Weird, yes, I know. You can't really win in that situation anyway.

Old thread, but whatev. You could always make the arrow sprite look like the bow, and arrow, and have the player start with the Bow from the start in the Initial Data.

DarkFlameWolf
12-05-2009, 05:36 PM
a little bit late for that, but thanks. :)