PDA

View Full Version : ZC plug-in

Shrale
05-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Since your suggestions topic is closed, I'll post my suggestion here.

Would it be possible to make a plug-in version of the ZC player, that people could use in their websites to allow people to play only quest demo or demos without having to download the complete player and the demo file? Kind of like a "try before you download" promotion. Then when the person has decided that they want to play the completed quest when it is done, they can click a link leading them to zeldaclassic.com where they can download the complete player and Zquest. Not only would this be another form of promotion for quest makers, but for Zelda Classic.

Archangel
05-02-2009, 03:40 PM
That's up to Warlord and Phantom Menace, but probably not.

Shrale
05-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it will probably be a no, but this is only a suggestion not a demand. I just think that it would be neat to see something like this up on questmakers sites instead of watching a video of the demo or having to download it. It makes some sense seeing as how a demo of a quest is not a completed project and the only people that really need the demo file are the testers and the questmaker. Of course, some people do use dial-up still and such a plugin would be slow. Never mind, it'd be pointless, I just thought it would be a good idea for showcasing demos.

pkmnfrk
12-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Hypothetically, this is possible. Game Maker did it, there's no particular reason we can't.

Realistically, though, I doubt anyone here has experience writing browser plugins (I certainly don't). So... effectively, this is impossible.