PDA

View Full Version : A few minor graphical problems I need help with

Dmth[Link]
05-01-2009, 03:32 AM
Hey, these are minor and may sound stupid, but I don't know how to fix them, so if someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be very much appreciated.

1. The game tile of Link hasa transparent set of eyes and mouth. Y'know, the one that appears next to your name on the quest select screen? I want the eyes and mouth black like they should be, but I must've accidentally changed something. And it's just the standard green tuniced variation, the blue, red and gold ones are like they should be.

2. Whenever anything dies, you can see among other things a compass and heart container during the resulting death animation. How can I change that?

3. Whenever I'm in a dungeon Link walks straight over the doors. He gets through but he walks over what's obviously supposed to be above him.

Thanks in advance.

RedDeathX5
05-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Number 3, try making that door combo an overhead, it should go over links head, or place it on Layer 3, or above.

bob1000
05-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I'll assume you're using the NES tileset.
For #1, you must have used the upper-left-corner color in the pallette (marked with an X, this is transparent). Try using another black color (like the bottom-right corner).

Dmth[Link]
05-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Okay, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm using the NES tiles, but I've already tried changing the color to back to black. The weird thing is, the tiles are all the right color when I select them in the tile menu, they're only partially transparent when I select the green ones from the game icons menu. And it's not just link all the default green tiles, including the merchant and Zelda have transparent blacks. So yeah, I have no idea what's up with that.

Anthus
05-02-2009, 09:23 PM
For #2, go to Quest-> Graphics-> Sprites-> Weapons/ Misc, and Scroll down to "MISC: Death". Edit the settings for this to change the graphics, and number of frames used for the Death animations.