PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Superheroes:

ShadowTiger
04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Shadow Hare and his group (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da1ADqPplQ4&feature=fvsr) - Real life Superheroes, or random teens with a comic book obsession?

What do you think? Will they be successful? Are they doing more harm than good?

Prrkitty
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Their intentions are good. BUT because they are probably NOT properly trained for the situations they're going to be deliberately putting themselves into... they will more then likely cause more harm than good.

Aegix Drakan
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
*chuckles*

You gotta be kidding me. XD. Well, I support him and his buncha crazies all the way. I think it's a little bit dumb to be walking around the streets in a mask and cape, but hey, at least he's trying to do something positive. Which is a lot better than most people can say about themselves.

All else I can say it, I hope he's got some good self-defense or martial arts skills, because I'd HATE to see him get hurt or dead doing this.

Well, I salute you Shadow hare, you crazy, dedicated dude! :highfive:

[EDIT]BTW...am I the only one here wondering why this guy didn't decide to become a cop instead of a caped crusader operating on the fringe of the law?

rock_nog
04-30-2009, 04:21 PM
Heh, even if they were properly trained, that seems to be about the most ineffectual method of crime-fighting ever. It sounds great in the comic books, but what are the odds that just wandering the streets, you're going to actually run into a crime in progress? To me, that's always been one of the biggest problems with the whole notion of masked vigilantes - other than the obvious problem that in real life, on one has superpowers, and even the best could easily be taken down with a single bullet.

Cloral
04-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Superpowers are the only reason it works in the comics. Spiderman can see crime while he swings above on his webs, this guy can't. The best this guy could do is get the mayor to put out a bat-signal whenever they need help. But the sort of insane city-wide shit that happens in Gotham City doesn't happen here.

rock_nog
04-30-2009, 05:19 PM
You know, that same thought occurred to me. The only way I could see it working at all is if he had some way of getting up above the city - both because he could observe crime from up above, and because that way, he'd have the opportunity to get the jump on criminals.

Beldaran
04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/moviemystery/furious2.jpg

/ approves

biggiy05
04-30-2009, 08:50 PM
[EDIT]BTW...am I the only one here wondering why this guy didn't decide to become a cop instead of a caped crusader operating on the fringe of the law?

Being a caped crusader is cooler than being a cop. That and he is probably nowhere near being in physical or mental shape for becoming an officer.

AtmaWeapon
04-30-2009, 08:56 PM
WHO WATCHES THE SHADOW HARE?

The_Amaster
04-30-2009, 09:19 PM
.....*shakes head* This is just sad...

I mean "Legion! Assemble!"?

*sighs* *returns to his evil villainy*

Aegix Drakan
04-30-2009, 10:01 PM
*returns to his evil villainy*

;) Don't make me call the shadow hare on you...

jerome
04-30-2009, 11:46 PM
The best this guy could do is get the mayor to put out a bat-signal whenever they need help.
A big spotlight pointing at the clouds, making the bunny shadow puppet!!
I'm guessing that he'll do what real bunnies do when trouble comes their way... Get his ear bitten off because it's Easter? Nope, just run like hell. Or become one of many for a jacket and some key chains.

I guess I'll become a "superhero" too.

**Announcer**
He's quick in the air.

He's shiny and nickel plated.

He can get you money while injured on the job.

It's bird, it's a... Wait. He actually is a bird. Anyways...

It's bird! He flies south for the winter.
He's
BAD BROTHER DUCKER!!!

Banon
05-01-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm can't wait for the cartoon, then the crummy live action movie 20 years after the franchise dies.:D

Anyways, if you watch the other videos for the Shadow Hare, you can see that most of his time is really spent feeding the homeless, and other generic good deeds. This combined with the point that it is difficult to stumble upon crime makes me think that he's in no where near as much danger as some of you people think he is.

It's interesting though. The news report says that he has been doing this for four years. You'd think there would have been at least one jerk who pulled his mask off by now...

Archibaldo
05-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Now all he needs is an arch nemesis. Some one who is constantly plotting the down fall of Shadow Hare.

Aegix Drakan
05-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Now all he needs is an arch nemesis. Some one who is constantly plotting the down fall of Shadow Hare.

He already does, I think.

*coughamastercough*

biggiy05
05-01-2009, 09:22 AM

Give me a costume and I'll drive down to Cinci to be his arch nemesis. That is until I pull his mask off then I'm going home.

Masamune
05-01-2009, 09:43 AM
lol @ Master Legend and Mr. Extreme.

Dechipher
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
WHO WATCHES THE SHADOW HARE?

Hahahahahahah Holy shit.

This could be so cool, but the dude sounds like a 14 year old. And his costume sucks.

jerome
05-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Hahahahahahah Holy shit.

This could be so cool, but the dude sounds like a 14 year old. And his costume sucks.

I'm guessing he's doing the superhero thing for one of a couple of reasons.
1. His parents told him to go get a job, and this is what he thinks is a job.
2. His balls haven't dropped yet, and never will if he keeps wearing that spandex.

Archibaldo
05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Video says he's a 21 year old who's jumped from foster family to foster family. He has no parents. One step closer to being an actual super hero.

rock_nog
05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
You've got a point there, Archibaldo.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3379/3198646003_d7568a4e42.jpg

Mr. 207
05-01-2009, 11:57 PM
This is sad. Crime fighters? Its a bunch of kids walking around in halloween costumes. Likely, all they will accomplish is getting themselves into a situation they cant handle and being killed.

jerome
05-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Well from what was said earlier, he's basically just a few billion dollars short of being Batman. That and a name that induces fear into evil doers. He probably should also hit the gym and get into an actual fighting shape before trying to "fight crime".

Maybe he'll find OJ's "real" killer, or those WMDs we were told were in Iraq. But more than likely find himself dead, sued, or in a loony bin laughing hysterically telling everyone that he's a superhero.

While him and his "legion" mean good, they need some serious mental help or just attack the matter a bit more seriously than with capes and masks so they can live out their dreams from when they were 8 years old. They are at least doing good deeds with feeding the homeless and such. And since they are wearing costumes, it "seems" not for personal recognition to his "Bruce Wayne" side.

They kind of remind me of "The Tick", but without the awesome.

Anthus
05-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Let's see him fight some crime in the hood bro.

Zaphod Q. IX
05-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Wow. I mean...wow. Perhaps I will drive to Cincinnati and meet this guy. Maybe get some exclusive video from him for you guys. I mean, I live about 7 miles from where that video was taken.

Or maybe I'll just go down and point and laugh. :sb:

EDIT: I found his myspace (http://www.myspace.com/shadow_hare) page. Notice the cool "bumper stickers" on the lower-right hand side? ;)