PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here an EarthBound fan?

Rasen
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Just curious to see if anyone else loves this great RPG!

ShadowTiger
04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Russel and Lucas92 will be here lickety split. Welcome to AGN!

Anthus
04-25-2009, 10:12 PM
I like it so I'm a fan, sure, but I'm not a hardcore fan. I've gotten to the end of Mother, but since I've seen the ending on youtube, I have no real desire to get through that damn cave at the base of Mt. Itoi. I'm also at the end of Mother 3. I don't even remember where I am in Earthbound though.

The_Amaster
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Definitely a fan. I love it's quirky aesthetic.

And yeah, when Russ gets back, he'll be all over this.

Archangel
04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Oh hell yeah, I absolutely loved the game. It was a lot of fun and was different from other SNES games. It is truly unique.

Aliem
04-26-2009, 01:55 AM
One of my favorite series' of all time. It's an incredible trilogy.

KingOfHeart
04-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Very big fan.
You play Mother 3 yet? You'll need to get the rom and translation set up if you want to play the english version.

Mother 3 was canceled for the US, so the fans went to the trouble to creating a rom version so we can at least enjoy this game.

Rasen
04-26-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm a major fan. It's my favorite series. It's safe to say I've beaten EarthBound about 40 times

I recently beat Mother

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of Mother 3 (first japanese, second translated, then this one for lolz)

AtmaWeapon
04-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Probably doing another playthrough when I finish with the Fallout 3 DLC coming out. I'm kind of doing annual playthroughs lately. Maybe I won't be too lazy to do this, but I kind of want to record all of the story scenes and put them on Youtube so I can get lots of useful comments like "2 bad dis game wasn't on psp".

Daarkseid
04-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Earthbound is the greatest game ever made.

Which is actually an ambitious label that reflects only my opinion, however summer of '95 was nothing less than absolutely awesome.

Rasen
04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
^ I agree. I would post a small EarthBound community that is awesome but not known too much but I don't know if it's against the rules so I guess I won't

rock_nog
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
You know what I really miss? The player's guide that had the scratch and sniffs. That game has a special place in my heart - the first, and one of the only, RPGs that I actually loved. I think the sheer wackiness of it all made me forget I was playing an RPG in the first place.

Russ
04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
EARTHBOUND! I LOVE EARTHBOUND!

Seriously, it's the best RPG series ever. I've played all of them, played through Mother 3 twice, and now am on a second run-through of EarthBound Zero.

Everything about it is great. It's funny, with some stuff just plain wacky. "Amazingly enough, there was a hot spring inside the box!" The battle system is uses with the rolling HP counter is awesome (even if the first didn't have it). The storyline is amazing. Everything about it is awesome.

Ya, I'm a huge fan. I think I might chance my avatar back to something EB related again.

Aliem
04-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Tomato and Jeffman are working on another hack... the Mother 1+2 GBA cart. Mother 1 is getting a proper localization and brand new translation, plus maybe some added features. I'm not sure what they're planning for Mother 2.

So that's cool.

Revfan9
04-30-2009, 02:28 AM
You know what I really miss? The player's guide that had the scratch and sniffs. That game has a special place in my heart - the first, and one of the only, RPGs that I actually loved. I think the sheer wackiness of it all made me forget I was playing an RPG in the first place.

Hello, and... goodbye.