PDA

View Full Version : Complete noob wondering where to start

Rasen
04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Hello, I am new to this forum and Zelda Classic, and I have read the stickies but I am confused with what to start with and I need a good tutorial that uses the latest version of Zelda Classic. I have no idea what I am doing and alphadawg's tutorial is for an older version of ZC.

Specifically I have a question wondering how to use these BS Zelda tiles I downloaded from pureZC in my quest.

Thank you for reading this thread and for any help :)

Archangel
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't worry about the version it was written for. I highly recommend Alphadawgs tutorial, unfortunately his website is on crack right now. :shrug:

Instead try IDKs tutorial.

Also, version doesn't matter. Backwards compatibility is gold around here. ;)

Tips: Say out of the enemy and item editors until you feel comfortable. Same goes for scripting if you've never done anything like it before. I also suggest you browse the wiki pages.

ShadowTiger
04-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Actually, all of the information from Alphadawg's tutorial still applies to any version of ZC, luckily. The only things that differ are the locations of things in the various menus. Luckily, they're all still there, somewhere; Just moved around.

The pinned topics at the top of the ZQuest Help Forum will tell you everything you need to know, particularly the one by me. (Put together a massive amount of them into one topic.)

Basically, you'll need to match the Palettes up. Cset 6 is the color set ("C"olor "Set" ... ) powering Link's colors. Which version are you using now?

Rasen
04-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm using Zelda Classic 2.10 (Windows, if that matters)

Archangel
04-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Switch to 2.5 if you want scripting, but wait till the next build. It has some nice improvements compliments to Dark Nation and the rest of the development team.

Keep up the good work guys.

Rasen
04-26-2009, 10:33 AM
So is 2.5 generally better? I don't want scripting.

RedDeathX5
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
It is better, but a bit buggy, you don't have to script if you don't want too.

Archangel
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM
It's funner to work with. And scripting isn't that hard once you get the hand of things. In the words of Jman... "Scripting Power!"