PDA

View Full Version : Two more questions...

XMuppetSB
04-24-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/masterpikachu/ZC%20Content/Test%20Quests/quicktest5.qst
1: For some reason, the hookshot blocks or reflects whatever Link's current boomerang is set to block or reflect, regardless of the hookshot's block/reflect properties. If he has no boomerang, the hookshot does not affect any projectiles at all! In other words, whether this is a bug or not, the block/reflect properties for the boomerang items override those set for the hookshot items. Also, projectiles deflected or reflected by the hookshot will sometimes explode.

2: What the hell is the trigger enemy supposed to do? It's in the guy class, is invincible regardless of the flag, can't hurt Link, affects shutters or any enemy activated secrets, and can be stepped over. I don't think it even serves a real purpose at all. BTW, is the guy class even fully implemented yet?

pkmnfrk
04-24-2009, 07:56 PM
The trigger enemy was used in boss rooms to trigger "remote secrets". Eg, a door opening in another room when you kill the boss.

In the first room, you put the boss itself, and of course mark the room as such. Then, in the second room, you put a Trigger, and mark the room as a boss room, and use "Enemies->Secrets" or whatever. When you kill the boss in the boss room, the trigger enemy will also die (along with any other enemies in any other boss rooms).

XMuppetSB
04-24-2009, 08:47 PM
So the trigger enemy is for post-boss purposes, huh? Thanks for the information. I'll keep that in thought.;)

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS: I did mention a possible bug with the hookshot's block/reflect properties.

Archangel
04-24-2009, 10:13 PM
The trigger enemy was used in boss rooms to trigger "remote secrets". Eg, a door opening in another room when you kill the boss.

This can be done with carry overs. ;)

It's actual purpose is nothing other then backwards compatibility with version 2.10 which used triggers instead of carry overs.

ShadowTiger
04-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Hell, I still use it. :p ... but only in the same way that an 80 year old man would pick up a DS, and use it as a cup coaster because it sort of looks like one. O.o

(Pokegamer's reflect bug) .. OMG .. You are amazingly attentive. Serious props, man.

pkmnfrk
04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, these days, I'd use a script. But, it's there.