PDA

View Full Version : RE4 question (only super fans need apply)

vegeta1215
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I recently got RE4 for the Wii, and despite originally thinking I would not like it since I was so used to the Gamecube controls, I really really enjoy it. Also the new content such as Separate Ways was really fun to play.

I have a question though. When I played RE4 for the first time on the Gamecube 5 years ago, I remember this happening, and I have not been able to duplicate it since. I was hoping one of you knew about this or could hunt down some info (I have been unsuccessful thus far)

In the village level, you go through Chief Mendez's house shortly after being tied up with Luis Sera. In the bottom floor of the house behind the stairway there is a bathroom. Once when I played the game I went into the bathroom, and something triggered the chainsaw guy to run in out of no where, and chop my head off. You do fight a chainsaw guy if you continue and go outside the house, heading back to the village, but this one came out of no where, with no warning, and killed me before I could even aim at him.

For some reason I think maybe this happens if you hang around in the bathroom too long, or save at the typewriter, and then go back to the bathroom, or some sequence of events. I don't know. It is possible they took this scare out of the Wii version?

Any thing you can find out would be awesome.

Fabiano the Spy
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm not able to find anything, all I can say is that I've beaten this game MANY times (about 20) because I love the Resident Evil series. Sounds like it could be simply because you're hanging around the house too much.

Isn't there a ganados in the bathroom? Does he turn into a chainsaw maniac after so long or something? I've never heard of this happening o_O

rock_nog
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I have no idea, I've only played the Wii version. I've certainly never seen what you described happen, though. My guess is, you must've somehow startled the chainsaw dude outside without realizing it, and he chased you to the bathroom. But I dunno, because I don't think he spawns until you start to go down that path outside.

vegeta1215
04-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Watch a bit after the 30 second mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBLFAHA9OLI

That's it right there. If what I was talking about didn't exist, in order for that to have happened, you'd have to get the one from outside to follow you all the way in. Why waste the time to do that, esp if you're just putting together a decapitation montage?

DarkFlameWolf
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
It only happened to me once as well, I was taking my time exploring the house, but I was near the back end of the house past the dining table. I turned back around the corner and RAAARGH! *HEAD SLICE!!!!!* And I was dead. Suffice to say I got the shit scared out of me.

vegeta1215
04-25-2009, 01:10 AM
Thank you DFW. I knew I wasn't imagining things. I wonder if it can only happen in a Round 1 game? Here I've been trying to duplicate it in a Round 2 game...

And yes, it scared the shit out of me too... and it was awesome.

ShyGuy0824
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Is it fair to say that if you've been playing RE4 for several hours on end into the morning, it's POSSIBLE that it could have been a hallucination? I can't tell you how many times I've felt that Resident Evil games have put me into delirium, and Eternal Darkness pushes me over the top...

vegeta1215
05-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm positive I didn't hallucinate it.