PDA

View Full Version : 10 things you've learned from here

ZTC
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm bored, so here's a top 10 list of things I've learned (or learned about) since I joined here:

10. Messageboards are fun
9. Glenn sucks
8. 4chan
7. goatse and tubgirl (I hate you Pablo)
6. There is much more to the internet that meets the eye
5. Emulation and system hacking (MottZilla is fucking awesome)
4. Furries (lolwut)
3. Dramawhores are idiots
2. IRC
1. The ability to spot someone who has a superiority complex and wants part of the internet to himself.

Especially #1, as a few other imageboard owners are dealing with an idiot name Tahko that has the same tendancies that Glenn had. So yeah...
Post yours or something. :shrug:

Masamune
04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
There're people like you who I hate.

Aegix Drakan
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
10. Flame wars are not a fun little activity where you fling random words and analogies around (unless you want the flame war to be redirected at yourself)

9. There are some truly kind people online.

8. There are also a healthy bunch of assholes online

7. LAYERS. ZC 2.10 SCREEN LAYERS. UUUGH so unintuitive...

6. "teh" does not make you cool.

5. Never assume osmeone's gender, because you'll just embarrass yourself a lot.

4. Drama is inevitable. The best policy is just to ignore it, and when a massive dama filled event happens, Ignore all other things learned, and enjoy the opportinity to act like a lunatic. If anyone asks, tell them you got caught up in the moment and suffered from temporary insanity.

3. The bigger your post count, the more respected you are.

2. The bigger you post count, the less of a life you have.

1. Don't take the internet seriously, or you will break down and cry. The internet is NOT serious business, and if you think so, then you either work online, or are missing the whole damn point!

Masamune
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
http://pat.galxeth.net/img/toldyou.jpg

I knew you never really blocked me. Lol. So I guess I learned people make shit up sometimes.

ZTC
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
http://pat.galxeth.net/img/toldyou.jpg

I knew you never really blocked me. Lol. So I guess I learned people make shit up sometimes.

nah, I finally decided to take you off of ignore today. Nice try though.
Also, you forgot to include 10 things.

biggiy05
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM

You are so full of shit. You may have blocked him but you always read his posts. I called you out on it in GB. It's no coincidence that you took him off ignore today and gave him negative rep.

Dechipher
04-23-2009, 12:26 AM

I think he's letting you set him up for each one individually.

You're not disappointing.

Fabiano the Spy
04-23-2009, 12:34 AM
This thread is starting to fail on you, ZTC.

I now present you with a YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJCa6Bp6vOo

Man in chair = this thread.

ShadowTiger
04-23-2009, 01:09 AM
If you think post count is important, you have a lot to learn. ( <-- ) (Or ^ where appropriate depending on the location of your postbit.)
It doesn't matter how many years you have under your belt, or how old you are. It only matters what's in your posts.
You have the opportunity to expand your perceptions of the world and really begin to classify people based on the (human...) resources they assign to themselves. You learn who is an asshole, who is an asshole in training, and who is a generally good natured individual. You can sort of gauge who can be step between the various classes, and who you can shatter with a hammer if they step one foot into the class opposite them.
This is a continuation of the previous point, and is highly personal to myself. You get to learn that flaming others gets you nowhere fast. It only serves as either a source of stress relief to oneself, or a means of aggrandizement which has the very, very strong potential to blow up in your face, dealing easily 10d20 damage to your self-esteem.
You get to see who has ego issues. (Hell, I'm not even referring to Glenn here.) You get to see it in peoples' avatars, in their posts, and even in their signatures. You can tell what a person is like based on how neat their signatures are, and the attention to detail that they put into their posts.
... eh. I've typed enough.

granite
04-23-2009, 01:10 AM
You are so full of shit. You may have blocked him but you always read his posts. I called you out on it in GB. It's no coincidence that you took him off ignore today and gave him negative rep.

You're such a dick. All you do here is point out everyones mistakes.

Beldaran
04-23-2009, 01:51 AM
I have not learned a single thing at AGN.

Archibaldo
04-23-2009, 07:06 AM
All social roles on the internet are reversed from RL.

90% of the people on the internet are assholes. The comments on You Tube are enough to back-up this claim.

biggiy05
04-23-2009, 08:09 AM
You're such a dick. All you do here is point out everyones mistakes.

Watch the flaming. Next time it's an infraction.

MasterSwordUltima
04-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Eckels really isn't a god, and something about Tonberries.

jerome
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
1. They have breasts.

Oh wait, that's the top ten things I know about women! :D

5. There's a lot of topics that I have found surprisingly interesting... I must be getting too old.
4. I spend more time reading topics than helping out with games on here.
3. It's very easy for things to be misinterpreted in forums... especially dry humor.
2. Samual L. Jackson didn't make it through the auditions for the "Guess Who?" commercial.
1. I'm an asshole, and I approve this message.

Jigglysaint
04-24-2009, 12:20 AM
10 - Being a mod wasn't easy.
9 - Stay away from forum politics, especially if you find yourself on the losing end.
8 - Obligitory "Glenn Sucks" entry.
7 - I don't need Zelda Classic to make Zelda my bitch.
6 - I finally learned to let my hair down and drop a few F-bombs once in a fucking while.
5 - I learned not to take the internet so seriously.
4 - Karma Bitch
3 - AGN may no longer be my home page, but despite the abuse I've gotten over the years, I still respect it for being my first internet forum.
2 - This seems to be the only place where enough people get banned to warrent it's own sub forum.
1 - Did I ever mention Glenn sucks?

biggiy05
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Ten things list...

He lives. I saw a post of yours in a thread I was searching for last week or the week before last. I was wondering if you were still lurking.

Jigglysaint
04-25-2009, 11:34 PM
He lives. I saw a post of yours in a thread I was searching for last week or the week before last. I was wondering if you were still lurking.

Yeah I'm still lurking. I now spend most of my online time at Screwattack, and since this place has gotten much quieter, I've not been posting that much. I've also kind of given up on ZC, since what I want to be able to do I am capable of doing to the GBC Zeldas. Perhaps if ZASM was more like real ASM and allowed creating scripts by hex instead of text.

*b*
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
10. How to laugh, love, and cry
9. The internet is totally the same as real life in every aspect
8. Sarcasm
7. How to do videogame pixel art
6. Nobody looks like how you imagine them
5. The definitions of 'emo' and 'fair weather friends'
4. That you don't need an emoticon or smiley after every sentance
3. That I don't really exist, beyond an element of Glenn's world
2. That being on the west coast sucks
1. That Beldaran hasn't learned a thing from AGN

ShadowTiger
04-26-2009, 07:21 AM
4. That you don't need an emoticon or smiley after every sentanceOn an internet full of potential sarcasm? Where the smiley is the difference between divided decisions between that sarcasm and an otherwise pleasant statement?

Shazza Dani
04-26-2009, 08:35 AM
I like smilies… http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/plz/imnothappyplz.gif

rock_nog
04-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Well holy crap, I just learned that Jigglysaint still lurks here. Other than that, I've learned to stop being an anti-drug twit, and I've learned the importance of saving your passwords somewhere safe.

ZTC
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Jiggs is still around? dang lol
Still waiting on Masa's whole list.

Master Ghaleon
05-05-2009, 07:07 PM
10. Learned that there are actually cool people on the forums.
9. Learned that even though you try to act nice to someone, they will still act like a douche to you
8. SNOWCOCK <3
7. Other peoples lives are worse then mine
6. This isn't a place for "private" talk when you got a problem with someone
5. Drinking + post thread = kinda funny
4. You can ask a question and usually someone knows a answer or will actually try to help you with a problem
3. Master Ghaleon = Gaylion
2. Learned that I wish I knew more about programming so I could help revive Shattered Earth :P
1. Learned that I was privileged to stumble onto this forum and join. I will thank on of my old Ex's Jen for that. If she didn't dump me that night I would of never gotten on the internet and look up random stuff.

MasterSwordUltima
05-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh, and something nice about Cyclone. Nobody remembers him, but he was cool. That's something else I learned.

Gerudo
05-12-2009, 04:44 AM
10. Lurk more...
5. Stuff...
1. Profit!

I really should stop not coming here and come here more often. WTB old way of life...

Lilith
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
---

biggiy05
05-13-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm hotter than Mercy

Pics of Mercy please.

Fabiano the Spy
05-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Pics of Mercy please.
Seconded. I need comparison before I can agree. :tongue:

Beldaran
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I think we need pics of lilith making out with mercy.

Dechipher
05-13-2009, 01:27 AM

Video would be more informative.

Fabiano the Spy
05-13-2009, 01:29 AM

Video would be more informative.

Now you're thinking. One wonderful idea grows and expands into an even greater idea.

Beldaran
05-13-2009, 01:38 AM
One wonderful idea grows and expands into an even greater idea.

Ok, so get this. We need 3D IMAX video of lilith having sex with mercy on top of a cow that is getting a reach-around from lilith while a clown masturbates in the corner, set to the soundtrack from "Mary Poppins" and narrated by the mom from Little People Big World.

What...? Too much?

Fabiano the Spy
05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
What...? Too much?
I'd say so...

Ok, so get this. We need 3D IMAX video of lilith having sex with mercy on top
It should have stopped there.

Zaphod Q. IX
05-13-2009, 01:52 AM
I've seen pictures of both of them...and I'm not going to actually say that I think one of them is hotter than the other. They are both extremely hot...but in different ways. I feel like a pervert no matter which one of them I am looking at pictures of.

I think that means they both win. ;)

Fabiano the Spy
05-13-2009, 01:54 AM
I've seen pictures of both of them...and I'm not going to actually say that I think one of them is hotter than the other. They are both extremely hot...but in different ways. I feel like a pervert no matter which one of them I am looking at pictures of.

I think that means they both win. ;)

Ok, so get this. We need 3D IMAX video of lilith having sex with mercy on top

I still think this should happen, regardless.

Lilith
05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
---

Fabiano the Spy
05-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Ok, so get this. We need 3D IMAX video of lilith having sex with mercy, with lilith on top

Fixed.

Breaker
05-13-2009, 11:14 PM
I've seen plenty of pics of Lilith and met Mercy in person. My <3 belongs to Mercy, but Lilith always makes me lol.

Beldaran
05-14-2009, 12:07 AM
I want to see Lilith's dominatrix pictures.