PDA

View Full Version : I've got a few problems that need solving

Santano64neo
04-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Okay, first of all, thanks for taking the time to come and help me. Now to the chase: I've encountered a few problems that I need to fix in order for my quest to progress.

1: I need to know how to make items appear after a secret is triggered. There's a situation where a cat gets cornered by dogs. I want Link to slash the dogs with his sword and they disperse. The cat, relieved, gives Link a heart piece. I know how to do the secrets, it's just the item that's the problem.

2: How do I make items appear in the slash combo chests? I've been used to using overhead's and secret flags to cover them but with the Pure tileset, I need help. Items just appear on top of the chest.

3:I've noticed in Ballad of a Bloodline and Hero of Dreams, they have guards who patrol areas. If you get seen, then you get warped somewhere. And to get by them, you have to wait until they look the other way. Any ideas how I can do that as a certain part of my quest involves Link doing some Mission Impossible stuff like that. :cool:

By the way: I'm using version 2.10

Banon
04-20-2009, 09:55 AM
1: No idea

2: Place the flag Armos->Item on the chest, then select the item as a "special item." To do this, you'll need to label the room as a special item room.

3: Castchaos put 2 combos in that cycle below the ground you walk on. (He layered on the grass and stuff) One combo was a stair warp, and another was just a regular tile. The combos cycled in line with the guard, making appear to be a line of sight teleportation trap.

Santano64neo
04-20-2009, 04:14 PM
So, to do number three I need to use the "next" slot of the combo editor? How would I time it? with animation speed?

Thanks for clearing that up with two, I would have never figured that out.

As for number one, I might need to ask Freedom about that as he had a certain event where you had to use a blue candle to shoot the trees up their snout and then an item would appear.

Anyway, thanks for the help!