PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Style Raft

Moo2wo
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Would it be possible to make a raft similar to the one in Oracle of Ages? The kind where you can get on the raft and move wherever you want. Like Flippers but you can't dive, and you could only get on at docks.

Santano64neo
04-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Probably if you created something like a checkerboard with the flags. The only way I can think of is if you place a raft path flag, then surround it witha raft branch flag, and continue building like that.

Shazza Dani
04-17-2009, 08:16 PM
I've seen it done. I forget who, but somebody released a demo-style quest a long time ago that contained a bunch of different scripts. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and where to find it… D:

Zelda_Warrior
04-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I did this when trying to make a remake of wind waker. It was in 1.92, and i made a checkerboard pattern like said above. It wasn't quite hard, but did take some thinking to figure out how to make it so you couldnt hit dead ends and make it easier to control. With a checkerboard pattern it limits your ability to control the raft at certain points.

It would be much easier with the features added now

RedDeathX5
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
It could be done with scripting I think.

Christian
04-26-2009, 04:18 AM
This should do it , _L_'s Revolution Showcase Demo: http://69.25.196.251/~l/revolution.zip

Download that file and open it up on zquest and learn how to use to use FFCs to achieve things if youre not that great at scripting.

Unfortunately , it wont be able to work on ZC versions below 2.11 or 2.5 though.