PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a Ghoma Queen Custom Boss

idontknow
04-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I basically am making a custom boss called the Ghoma Queen (original, right?) I basically took the ghoma tiles from the pure tileset & am using them for freeform combos. I'm making the boss out of freeform combos, cycling combos, & timed warps (so no scripting is involved since i dont know how to use scripts)

Anyway, what i need suggestions for is some ideas for different types of attacks. The boss is 3 tiles long (and 1 tile high) and it starts off-screen at the top & then drops down like 6 spaces from a spiderweb & hangs around for a while. Then it goes back up & drops somewhere else.

Attacks I have so far:
-When it drops down, it spreads a ring of green flames around it (like Din's Fire)
-When it drops down, it seems like shoots fireballs at you
-It crawls on the cieling & drops bombs at you.
-While hanging from the cieling, it drops 4 eggs, which hatch regular tektike enemies.
*Not Yet Working Properly: It shoots spiderwebbing at Link, which actually warps him to a new screen via a direct tile warp FFC. On the next screen, Link is shown wrapped up in the webbing--this is actually another FFC of Link wrapped in webbing. Entire screen is black, except for the boss & this FFC. The actual Link is hidden & completely surrounded by unwalkable tiles. In order to "escape" from the webbing, Link must place a bomb, thereby actually damaging himself. This causes a "bomb" flag to be triggered, who's secret combo is an auto warp that warps Link back to the main boss fight. The reason this doesn't work is that the "direct warp [A]" combo type does not seem to work properly as a Freeform Combo. Any suggestions here will be welcomed.

Also, I need ideas for at least 3 more types of attacks.

Gleeok
04-16-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm not sure if you're scripting this stuff or not so,

With scripts:

Homing Lasers, Homing Missiles, and umm... Ghoma mines. :) (They crawl around and explode) ..Kinda like homing bombs.

Without scripting:

...Uhh I really don't know.