PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Important Life Lessons

Beldaran
04-16-2009, 01:29 AM
1) Never judge a book by its cover.

And

2) Never underestimate an an old Scottish lady. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg)

ctrl-alt-delete
04-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Yeah, I had heard about that. Pretty intense.

biggiy05
04-16-2009, 01:45 AM
I saw it earlier on a reptile forum I post on. She reminds me of Andrew Johnston from 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2EA8SWhh8

Aegix Drakan
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Wow. That's all I can say.

Just freakin WOW. Don't judge a book by it's cover. No shit. 0_o

She's good.

The_Amaster
04-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Wow...
That was really just a heartwarming experience....

ctrl-alt-delete
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I saw it earlier on a reptile forum I post on. She reminds me of Andrew Johnston from 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K2EA8SWhh8

Yeah, I remember that guy too. Completely different circumstances though...nobody really expected the woman to be any good.

Wow...
That was really just a heartwarming experience....

I saw a comment that said it played out like a movie...parts that made you sad, angry, laugh...so freaking true.

Beldaran
04-18-2009, 02:44 AM
So, Susan Boyle is exploding.

Her Youtube video has like 24 million views in less than a week. She's being flooded with requests for interviews, agents, contracts, etc.

There's been talk of her becoming a singer for Disney animated movies.

It's really an amazing story. She has learning disabilities due to oxygen deprivation during her birth. She was bullied and abused as a child. She's never been kissed. She's 48 years old. She lives her whole life in obscurity and near poverty, taking care of her aging mother. After her mother passes away, she decides to honor her mother's last request, which is to pursue her dream of being a professional singer. One audition later and she's a global phenomenon.

The Scottish are so insanely proud of her, it's hilarious. She said her village was overrun with Scotts parading through and cheering for her, asking for autographs.

Dechipher
04-18-2009, 05:48 AM
Being a professional singer is much harder than being able to sing.

I'm just saying.

Banon
04-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Even after the preformance, it's hard to believe that the beautiful voice came from her.

Amazing, I love a good twist.

P.S. when I first saw this video, 5 comments had been posted exactly 3 seconds since the page was loaded.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-18-2009, 02:48 PM
So, Susan Boyle is exploding.

Her Youtube video has like 24 million views in less than a week. She's being flooded with requests for interviews, agents, contracts, etc.

There's been talk of her becoming a singer for Disney animated movies.

It's really an amazing story. She has learning disabilities due to oxygen deprivation during her birth. She was bullied and abused as a child. She's never been kissed. She's 48 years old. She lives her whole life in obscurity and near poverty, taking care of her aging mother. After her mother passes away, she decides to honor her mother's last request, which is to pursue her dream of being a professional singer. One audition later and she's a global phenomenon.

The Scottish are so insanely proud of her, it's hilarious. She said her village was overrun with Scotts parading through and cheering for her, asking for autographs.

Yeah, Simon's already in talks with her about signing to SYKO, his record label.

She's supposed to be on Oprah...

It's pretty crazy. Internet age...

jerome
04-20-2009, 11:47 AM
That woman sure can sing. I had avoided checking out her singing just because all of the hype media gives everything all of the time. So I figured it was just another normal thing. Boy was I wrong. This assumption wasn't really based off of her looks, I'd like to think, but just media frenzy jumping at every next new thing that comes out. But she's actually really, really good. Not my choice of music, but I can appreciate the talent it takes.

I hope she gets everything she's looking for.