PDA

View Full Version : Punch-Out!! Wii

Moo2wo
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
I really like the idea of a new Punch-Out!! game for the Wii. And from the trailers I've seen of it, it looks like a great game.

MasterSwordUltima
04-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Well by all means, post atleast a link.

AtmaWeapon
04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Go look at the trailer on the Nintendo channel. If you don't have the Nintendo Channel (and thus likely have no Wii) then you can't play the game anyway. here's a link for those too functionally disabled to figure out how to find one (http://tinyurl.com/cfye29)

It's Punch-Out!! with Wiimote controls. Judging from how the first time I played Wii Boxing I played for so long that my arms hurt for 3 days I imagine this is going to be really fun.

rock_nog
04-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I actually imagine it'll be a lot more fun than Wii Boxing - at least in my experience, I could never really discern any real strategy that worked outside of random flailing - so putting the motion controls on top of Punch-Out's focus on rhythm and timing sounds epic.

The_Amaster
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
According to the coverage from IGN, all the pattern recognition and strategy from the original are still there, so it definitely won't be a flail-fest.

Cloral
04-15-2009, 12:11 PM
It also sounds like they toned down the motion controls to just straight-forward punching. Dodging and blocking are now down with the thumb stick from what I've heard. Which should mean a lot less mistaken input (I couldn't get the damn boxing game to recognize what I was trying to do half the time). All in all, this is sounding like something I'm going to pick up when it comes out.

bob1000
04-15-2009, 02:53 PM
I remember reading, though (from Game Informer), that even if something DOES goes wrong in motion sensing, you can still use just the Wiimote and punch with the 1 and 2 buttons.

Moo2wo
04-16-2009, 07:06 AM
I remember reading, though (from Game Informer), that even if something DOES goes wrong in motion sensing, you can still use just the Wiimote and punch with the 1 and 2 buttons. Yep. I just read that in May's issue of Nintendo Power. (NES controls, to be more specific)

Moo2wo
05-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm officially mad at Nintendo. Something went wrong during launch, and now I'll have to wait until tommorow! I can only wait so long. :bomb:

Cloral
05-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Meh, same thing happened during the Mario Galaxy launch. I figured it might happen again, so I wasn't planning on going to pick it up until tomorrow anyway.
Monday releases seem to be problematic.

ShyGuy0824
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
On a related note... this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBER4iVwCw)is awesome if you haven't seen it.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Played a little bit of it last night. Seems pretty awesome so far, but I definitely prefer the classic controller setup.

Cloral
05-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Have to agree with you. Tried the motion style for Glass Joe, then removed the nunchuck and played with the controller the rest of the way. I'm currently up to Don Flamenco. They really did a great job bringing all the characters up to date, even though most of them are complete stereotypes.

Matteo
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Haven't tried the motion controls yet... the game itself is great though... tight controls and worthy gameplay. Got the game today, stuck on the 2nd to last guy - that one from hollywood ;)

Moo2wo
05-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Super Macho Man? When he yells "Super Macho Man" just duck three times and then unload on him. When he flexes his arm, duck one time. When he crouches, dodge.

Matteo
05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah I know his moves... still gives me trouble though