PDA

View Full Version : Overworld changing after Dungeons

Santano64neo
04-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Ok, I've played a few quests and I've noticed that after doing dungeons, something changes in the overworld. An example would be Link to Totuga(SP?). After each dungeon the town of Bitteroot changes. Another example would be Ballad of a Bloodline, where after beating the first dungeon you can return to King Zora's chamber and get the spiritual stone.

Is this possible without changing the entire overworld?

EDIT: I'm using Zquest 2.10

Moo2wo
04-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Sure. It might be a better idea to use 2.5, though. www.shardstorm.com Just go to Screen Data, set the Roomstate Carryover to the screen you want to change, and put some trigger combos on the screen that changes it. Then go to the place you want to change and put Combo Flags 16-32 on it. Then set what you want to change.

The way to do it in 2.10: Watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_H3TrMboVA

Santano64neo
04-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks. I prefer using 2.10 because it's pretty stable and the one I'm most familiar with.

I'm still a bit confused. Where would I put the trigger? Just before Link grabs the Triforce? And also how would I link other screens with the edited screens?

I also seem to be having issues with slash combo treasure chests. The items appear on top on the chest instead of inside.