PDA

View Full Version : noobish question but

b1zarr0
04-14-2009, 04:11 PM
It seems that half the quests I download don't work. Oh sure they load up and everything but then once the first screen loads I can't move my character :(

I am using ZC 2.10 on Windows XP Home

An example of such quest for me is the Majora's Mask one. I'd have to go through most of my downloaded quests again to give a more comprehensive list of ones I am having trouble running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Shazza Dani
04-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Try version 2.10.2. [link (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1110231&postcount=95)]

rocksfan13
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Some of the older versions of quests are not compatible with 2.10.

Shazza Dani
04-14-2009, 08:18 PM
I just checked Majora's Mask ZC and I see it's for version 1.90, so yeah, you should use that version to play it.

b1zarr0
04-15-2009, 02:48 PM
I just downloaded 2.10.2 and that seems to be playing nice with most of the quests I was having issues with....

buuut, can someone point me to an FAQs thread for specific quests

specifically the Ballad of a Bloodline quest....I have less than no idea what I am supposed to be doing and the NPCs are being less than helpful :( (or maybe I am just that dense >_<) either way any help would be appreciated :D

also I am trying to play the Escape from Jail quest (which oddly enough does not show up in the quest DB anymore) and I beat the level 2 boss and the guy in the next room says something to the effect of "take these to help you on your journey" but there are no "these" to take (and I am assuming the "these" are super bombs because there is a ginormous boulder blocking my path and the guy in the cave says to use a super bomb to blow it up)

again any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Russ
04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
If you need help with BB, then go to the help thread at Pure ZC: http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38554

Don't know about Escape from Jail though.

Edit: Never mind, looks like you fond the help thread here.

Dmth[Link]
04-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm having a similar problem. Whenever I load up a quest and there's a title screen that says 'press down', the down button seems to stop working and I can't get passed the screen. But it's only with some quests. For example I can't start Mario's Insane Rampage or Triforce of Heart, but Mario Xmas Apocalypse works fine. And this hasn't happened before. I've played some of these quests and they worked fine. I'm using the latest build of 2.5 Thanks in advance!

Dmth[Link]
04-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Okay, for some reason it turns out that I can't use the down button during cutscenes. I'm now stuck in Level 3 of Hero of Dreams because a cutscene introducing the name of the dungeon came up. I can press A and B and hear the invisible Link slash and throw the boomerang, but the down button that should end the scene won't work. Has this happened to anyone else?

ShadowTiger
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Does the [Right] button work? Any other buttons do anything? Try assigning it to a different key on the keyboard temporarily if pressing [Right] or [Left] or [Up] or [Start] does nothing.

Dmth[Link]
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks, but I just tried reassigning the keys and it didn't work. I tried assigning down to A and vice-versa, but all it did was make me hear the invisible slash when I pressed down and made mashing A do nothing. So, I guess the buttons aren't really the problem.