PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Carving

Russ
04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I keep hearing about dungeon carving, but I can never actually get anybody to tell me what it is. What is it, and how do I set it up?

Archangel
04-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I have no idea how to set it up but a chart for this and relational mode would be nice. It basically draws the walls for you so you can make freeform dungeon rooms easily and faster then hand drawing tile by tile.

ShadowTiger
04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/zc/NeoFirstDungeonCarvingHouseAndBrickDungeon.gif
I think you can even rip that right into ZC. Don't though; it's a GIF. The X tiles are only for the tiles that we rarely use anyway, but you still should fill them in somehow. With what, though, I'm never too sure.

It's a highly undocumented feature. You can highlight a bunch of tiles in ZQuest and press "d" in the tiles page, and it'll construct the full Dungeon Carving or Relational setup for you. Be warned though, you have to figure out the initial tiles yourself. :-/

Russ
04-13-2009, 01:47 PM
But you're still not telling me what it is. You're just telling me how to set it up. :)

Archangel
04-13-2009, 03:37 PM
It's high speed drawing tool. You use it to draw the walls of dungeons and then you fill in the whole in the middle. Relational is the same only it's 1 by 1 instead of drawing 1x1 tile with 2 tiles deep walls around it.