PDA

View Full Version : Freeform Combos

Archangel
04-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I've been trying to figure out how to work with changers and FFCs and haven't had much luck at all. Here is what I know.

The X and Y values of FFC and Changer must be exactly equal during one frame of animation for a Changer to affect an FFC.

And here's what's mixing me up?

Flags (Changer specific)
Swap speed with next FFC
If an FFC of number N hits this Changer, its speed and acceleration values are swapped with the speed of FFC number N+1.
Swap speed with prev. FFC
If an FFC of number N hits this Changer, its speed and acceleration values swapped with the speed of FFC number N-1.
Increase combo ID
When a Freeform Combo hits this Changer, its Combo changes into the next combo in the list.
Decrease combo ID
When a Freeform Combo hits this Changer, its Combo changes into the previous combo in the list.
Change combo/cset to this
When a Freeform Combo hits this Changer, the Freeform Combo will take on the Changer's Combo and CSet attributes

Could someone please explain to me what the variable N stands for, and how the +/- combo ID and swap speed work according to the table.
Does swap speed effect acceleration?
Does change combo/CSet effect the combo type or Freeform Combo number, and how can we achieve the other?
How can we manipulate a ffc's inherent flags and which ones actually work and how do they work?
What about the ffc's own flags. Is it possible to toggle translucent for example?
Do ffc work on layers?
Is it possible to control a combos Z position, speed, & acceleration?

ShadowTiger
04-13-2009, 12:40 PM
All "N" is, I believe, is the ID of the Freeform Combo. For example, the "N" of the very first Freeform Combo on the list would = 1. (1 is the first position on the list.) FFC #32 has an "N" of 32.

So all "N + 1" means, is [i]the next FFC after the one equal to N." So if you're working with FFC #28, N + 1 implies FFC #29.

Could someone please explain to me what the variable N stands for, and how the +/2 combo ID and swap speed work according to the table.Where did you get a "+/2" though, please?

In terms of scripting, you can do a hell of a lot of stuff with it. It's generally dealt with by indicating "this" to be the FFC you're dealing with. Suppose you had the line:

this->X = 5;
That would set the X coordinates of the FFC to 5. "Z" is also a value, I think. Or at least it could be.

Archangel
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Fixed the typo. So what about the rest of my questions specifically.

What is possible through changers. And how do I use changers?
Also, when I use multiple changers does N of a combo remain the same or does it change to N = N+1
Also do the changers change themselves or others?

So by giving a FFC with inherent flag Enemy 0. And setting 0 to whirlwind shooter
and setting FFC Z position to be .5 links jump I can make it so he is picked up regardless of altitude? As long as he's in hit box range right?

Joe123
04-13-2009, 12:56 PM
FFCs do not have a Z attribute.

The number of your ffc will not change, and the changers will not change either.

Archangel
04-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks, good to know.

Archangel
04-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Ok, I still can't get it to work right. :(

Can someone go over how to make them work with a simple back and forth motion for the X axis?

Russ
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
It's actually very simple. Make a freeform combo, and set it to a non-zero combo (doesn't matter which one; it will be invisible). Check the flag "Is a changer". Now put it somewhere where your freeform combo will hit it. When it hits the changer, it's x and y speeds get changed to the changer's x and y speeds. So to make on go back and forth on the x axis, make to changers across from each with speeds like .5 and -.5 (just makes sure they're the same) and put your freeform combo on the same coordinates as one of them. Simple as that.

Joe123
04-13-2009, 04:54 PM
(just makes sure they're the same)

There is no need for them to be the same.

Russ
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, if you want it to go evenly back and forth, they have to be the same. It would look kind of weird if they weren't.

Joe123
04-14-2009, 02:36 AM
If you want a person it would but if it was, say, the interior of a factory or something it wouldn't.

Archangel
04-15-2009, 09:21 PM
removed