PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh! String Corruption Message in 984

Questwizard88
04-03-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm not liking this message I just got when I opened up my 4th quest to finish changing up level 3:

"Notice: Your quest's string ordering was corrupted. It has been reverted to the default order."

I hope it didn't mess anything up. Anyone else ever seen this message before, or know what might have caused it?

EDIT: It didn't seem to mess up anything that I've noticed yet, and I have multiple backups just in case I do find something that's been screwed up by it.

Archangel
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Yup. It happens, when ever I have any two strings with the same number. This happened to me when I was deleting some of the original quest's default strings quickly. The same thing happened to you if I'm correct. It doesn't mess anything up to my knowledge. If you keep strings out of order. You might get the message as well.

Questwizard88
04-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Well what I did was export the strings out of proposed1st.qst, and imported them in, then added a couple at the end, and ended up deleting one because I decided not to use it. Then that's the message I got opening it several hours later to work on it again. Odd. Then again, I started from a totally blank template quest I created and have been importing crap like crazy from proposed1st and clearing secrets, room types, secret combos, etc. Decided to do it that way and clean the secret combos and all because there's so many odd ones set in the proposed quests. Maybe all that stuff could've done something too. I was using Paste Special a lot.

Archangel
04-03-2009, 10:52 PM
We need check boxes for special paste and a hot key. May'be b?

Questwizard88
04-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah they're in desperate need of shortcuts, though I don't think there's any more letter keys available now. What could be done is have a window pop up with the checkboxes for what you want to paste, and of course have Enter automatically confirm it so you can do it quicker. I would say maybe the Insert key or something like that since its close to the arrow keys, which makes it even more efficient. It'd be nice to have it pop up when importing a map so you can choose not to import certain items like room types, flags, etc.

Archangel
04-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Well B rebuilds the translucency tables. So it would have to be another key. I agree that insert will probably work best though, even if I do use a laptop. :]