PDA

View Full Version : What's the best birthday present for a three year old boy?

Zaphod Q. IX
04-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Why, a Lightning McQueen bike, of course.

Coolest first bike (http://www.amazon.com/Cars-16-Inch-Boys-BMX-Bike/dp/B0018ATGJM/ref=pd_bxgy_sg_text_c) ever!

I ordered it, along with a helmet and elbow pads, from Amazon for about $100 (including next day shipping). I put it together tonight in less than an hour.

:D

His birthday party is on Saturday...I can't wait.

Modus Ponens
04-03-2009, 01:50 AM
That's pretty rad. I liked Cars quite a bit, despite the presence of Larry the Cable Guy. In fact, I actually enjoyed his performance.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-03-2009, 02:01 AM
That's pretty rad. I liked Cars quite a bit, despite the presence of Larry the Cable Guy. In fact, I actually enjoyed his performance.
That's the only acting that guy's ever done. He annoys the crap out of me...except for in Cars. His performance was a home run. My son absolutely LOVES the movie...so I've seen it roughly nine thousand times. I can quote the whole film.

Anyway...I've got the whole thing assembled and hidden in the basement. I can't wait until Saturday when I give it to him with both sets of grandparents in the room.

He's gonna flip...and they're gonna film it. ;)

Trevelyan_06
04-03-2009, 02:58 AM
My two nephews love cars to death as well. I thought it was a good movie. Fucking awesome bike man. Tell the little guy happy birthday from AGN!

Shazza Dani
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
That's the only acting that guy's ever done. He annoys the crap out of me...except for in Cars.

Uhm, he's always "acting". Larry the Cable Guy is just a character he portrays when he does comedy.

rock_nog
04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I remember when Cars first came out, and I was like "Talking cars? Really? I love Pixar, but damn, there's no way on Earth this can be any good." Saw it over Christmas because it was on TV, and wow, it really was pretty good. And damn, that is a sweet-ass bike. Best present ever.

RE: Larry the Cable Guy - he reminds me of Robin Williams, in a way. You know, Robin Williams has the wacky caricature of himself that he's always playing, but I always find that his best work is when he doesn't do the over-the-top zany shit. Doesn't always work, but like, The Birdcage is one of my favorite things with Robin Williams in it, and when I first saw it, it never even really clicked that it was Robin Williams.

moocow
04-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Bladen LOVES Cars. His room is done up in Cars and Spiderman lol. Sweet bike. Bladen wants a new bike but I can't afford it... lol. Oh the woes of being a broke bitch.