PDA

View Full Version : Talking to my girl's parents

odinson
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Okay so you all know what my girl is like. Right now she thinks she's in the book of daniel in the bible and Eminin is chief of the unicks so she has to eat only vegetables. Every once in a while though she has a big break down and cries about how much she wants to go home because she misses her dad and how she'll behave now, and how she wants to live with them not me. I know she needs someone to take care of her because she can't possibly hold a job in her current mental state. I don't think she can off $800 a month of disability either, which is apparently all the government will give her. She needs supervision too because well, she's insane. I've decided I have to talk to her parents, maybe I can convince them to let her at least come home once in a while.

Masamune
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
God forbid you two should have a child together. Get her the fuck out of your house.

odinson
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
God forbid you two should have a child together. Get her the fuck out of your house.

having kids with a girl this out of it would be child abuse, definately not going there.

biggiy05
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
She doesn't need to go back to her parents. She needs to be admitted into the psychiatric ward of a hospital. She's not in the right state of mind to make clear, informed decisions. What you need to do is talk to her parents about having her admitted.

Archibaldo
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Here's what you do. You drive out to the farm land with with her. Get out and let her walk around. When she's not looking you jump back in the car and drive off.

It helps if you blindfold her before hand, then there's no chance she'll be able to find her way home.

MasterSwordUltima
04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Here's what you do. You drive out to the farm land with with her. Get out and let her walk around. When she's not looking you jump back in the car and drive off.

It helps if you blindfold her before hand, then there's no chance she'll be able to find her way home.

Be sure to drive through a small river or creek on your way home, to help remove any familiar scents.

Aegix Drakan
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
...ok, as much as I think Odinson needs to get rid of the chick, I do not think leaving her out in the middle of nowhere is the best idea.

If she IS totally batshit insane, then she might likely die. Or survive. And then hire a hitman, or something.

Look, Odin, have a psych look at her. She needs TREATMENT, not a person to mooch off of, and screw up their life. Also, best to talk to the parents about it too.

rock_nog
04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I knew a girl like that back in high school. Thing was, her parents were half the problem. They were incredibly controlling, but at the same time they wouldn't admit that she had any issues at all and so wouldn't get her the help she needed. She ultimately ended up going to France to live with this guy she met on the Internet - and really, aside from like the first e-mail she wrote back implied some real skeeziness on the part of the guy, no one's really heard from her since except for the occasional "I am alive" type message. So, we all kind of assume things are pretty bad on that end, but the problem is, her parents are the only ones who can really intervene, like in terms of getting in touch with the embassy or something, but they just refuse to do anything.

odinson
04-03-2009, 02:22 AM
She needs TREATMENT, not a person to mooch off of, and screw up their life. Also, best to talk to the parents about it too.

I think she needs both. That is treatment and someone to pay the bills and make sure she's not mistreated. That's what I'm trying to get for her.

Fabiano the Spy
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I think she needs both. That is treatment and someone to pay the bills and make sure she's not mistreated. That's what I'm trying to get for her.
Exactly. Take here somewhere where they can work with her and help her, where she won't need to worry about financial BS, or supplying her own food.

If you really love this girl, and/or want to see what's best for her, you'll talk to her about it and tell her exactly what you've told us (in a lighter way, to avoid hurting her, and to avoid a break down, we don't want you getting hurt either..).

Then you might want to look into some place where you can also eventually come visit, etc. Unless, of course, you just want the girl completely out of your life, then you can figure out where you go from there.

Just my two cents, mate, wishing you the best in this messed up situation.