PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments, anyone?

ShadowTiger
04-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I'll make this both a "Who wants a Tournament?" thread, and a "Let's talk about Tournaments."

I would love to have a Brawl Tournament here at some point, if anyone is interested.

Tonight, I'm going to my college's Annual Game Night sponsored by the club I belong to. The main event for the second year in a row will be a Brawl Tournament. We'll be bringing people from all over the region in to participate. We've got everyone from n00bs to Professional Smashers participating, just like last year.

The finals last year consisted of me versus my sparring partner. He was a very vicious snake player, and utilized every glitch and long ranged weapon he had, and loved nothing more than to perform aerial spikes and back-kicks to subdue his opponents. I thought I could get away with using Link due to his long ranged attacks and his long range grabbing, but it didn't work out due to his awful recovery. (I would've had a better chance as Toon Link, if I had stuck with that ranged theory.) This year, I think I'll stick with Marth or Ike due to their counter. If they can be cheap, I can be cheap.

Who would you pick if you were in a tournament?

Masamune
04-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Lucas. I sort of doubt anyone here can beat my Lucas.

rock_nog
04-02-2009, 11:41 AM
I'd have to go with Snake. Not that I'd ever enter a tournament, I'd get creamed, but he's my best character.

ShadowTiger
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Admittedly, I generally have issues with fighting Lucas, and Zero Suit Samus. Sadly, that's exactly what I'll be doing tonight. I might have to use my Ike.

Snake. Remember, Snake's A moves are actually a lot better than his B Moves. His Up-Tilt is phenomenal.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Toon Link forever.

CJC
04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Kirby. He's my staple, and the side smash B is awesome if you use it in the air. Plus, he's freaking impossible to kill, especially when I'm using him.

Backup... hmm... well, heavy hitters are the biggest problem when using Kirby. I can pretty much recover from any hard hit, but if you meteor smash me when I'm over 70%, I'm gone. So in a fight against heavy hitters, I guess I would pick Zero Suit Samus... just for her versatile recovery styles.

I've been banned from playing Kirby in local events, though. I got scolded for being a chuck wagon, so my friends won't let me use him. I was working on my skills with Fox last time I played, but that was over a year ago.

The_Amaster
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd be interested. Toon Link is my most balanced character, but I've used Kirby for the longest, so I think I have a slight edge with him.

Anthus
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I suck, but I'd probably use Mario, Toon Link, or maybe Mr. Game & Watch

ShadowTiger
04-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I think I'll have to get myself a Kirby too. The tournament last night was essentially dominated by a player who used Kirby in the most impressive way. The best Mario there didn't do too well against him. Kirby kept edge-hogging though, even when Mario was already on the platform. I think that must've been some form of cheating.

Russ
04-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I'd love to have a tournament. I'll most likely use Ness or Lucas, although I'm pretty good with Toon Link.

Banon
04-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I'd go with Lucario. Disjointed hitboxes rock. My next best is Pokemon Trainer's Squirtle.