PDA

View Full Version : Want a divorce? Use Google street view...

Prrkitty
03-31-2009, 02:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511778,00.html

... to find out where and what your spouse is up to. I wonder if Google thought this whole thing thru as they were creating and developing street view?

The repercussions of this (and I mean street view in general) could SO backfire... in many ways...

Link 101
03-31-2009, 02:59 PM
That friggin crazy! Ha ha. I think it's legit. It's not an invasion of privacy to hire a private investigator to do the same thing. So this shouldn't be either, ha ha.

I find this rather comical though.

rock_nog
03-31-2009, 03:02 PM
Nothing here was illegal. I don't see the problem. The dude's car was in plain sight for all the world to see. Everyone gets so bent out of shape about privacy, but honestly - you're out in public, what did you expect? Like, okay, they also mention a guy caught walking out of a sex shop - well gee, it's not as if no one else on the flippin' street could see him coming out of the sex shop. I just don't see what the fuss is about.

Cloral
03-31-2009, 04:17 PM
This is no different than people's pictures inadvertently appearing in the newspaper. I've heard of several cases where a person was found to be violating their house arrest because their picture showed up on the front page of the newspaper.

Aegix Drakan
03-31-2009, 04:47 PM
...HAHAHAHAHAH!

OWNED. BY. GOOGLE.

:P Looks like no one's safe anymore.

biggiy05
04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
On the subject of using google maps. I use it if I want to see where I'm going. I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm using street view so I can look for buildings to know I'm going the right way. That and it's just too fun to play with.

Prrkitty
04-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Paul's the same way... he loves just using it (google maps and street view) to view areas he's never been to...

Questwizard88
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I use it a lot myself to find the building I need to go to if I've never been there before. Its also good for finding the bus stops I need to get on and off at when I have no clue where they're at. This has been an issue for a while now. People like to complain that their license plates are readable or their cars are identifiable on the aerial satellite views too.

Nicholas Steel
04-09-2009, 10:01 PM
The dude's car was in plain sight for all the world to see.
Unless the whole world exists in every street, it is an invasion of privacy in my eyes...

biggiy05
04-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Unless the whole world exists in every street, it is an invasion of privacy in my eyes...

How is that an invasion of privacy? That's like saying it's an invasion of privacy for the paparazzi to constantly follow celebrities around snapping their picture. Granted they can and have gone too far before but I fail to see how this is invading one's privacy.

Nicholas Steel
04-10-2009, 04:18 AM
one would think that what they do at a location invisible to another location, that the 2nd location would not learn about what happened at the first location. This nullifies that privacy >.>

biggiy05
04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
one would think that what they do at a location invisible to another location, that the 2nd location would not learn about what happened at the first location. This nullifies that privacy >.>

In plain English you're trying to say something alone these lines. "If I'm leaving location X and going to location Y I expect nobody to know about where I'm going unless I tell them."

In my opinion if you're cheating on your wife then privacy issues are the least of your worries.

Nicholas Steel
04-10-2009, 08:51 PM
In plain English you're trying to say something alone these lines. "If I'm leaving location X and going to location Y I expect nobody to know about where I'm going unless I tell them."
pretty much, yeah.

Shazza Dani
04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Technology is a pain in the ass when you want to break laws and/or do dishonest things. But that's the world in which we live. You can't do shit without people spying on you. ;[

biggiy05
04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Technology is a pain in the ass when you want to break laws and/or do dishonest things. But that's the world in which we live. You can't do shit without people spying on you. ;[

How did that pasta taste for dinner?

Shazza Dani
04-10-2009, 09:35 PM
D:

It tasted like micro cameras.