PDA

View Full Version : Timed Save Confirmation

pkmnfrk
03-27-2009, 06:17 PM
You know what I really hate? Well, if you read thread titles, you'll know!

I hereby propose that the "Timed save completed successfully" message be banished to the void between dimensions. I really don't see the purpose of it. It's bad enough that the "Saving Quest..." window pops up, but that I have to click OK every 10 minutes is really irritating (especially since I apparently have a habit of going into the tile editor at 10 minute intervals).

If some people actually like this window (for whatever reason), we could have an option to turn it back on. Also note that I'm not suggesting that the "Save error!" window be removed, since that's important. Just the "Everything is just fine, move along, move along." window.

beefster09
03-27-2009, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't mind it so much if it silently saved in the background. The autosave function is purely obnoxious right now.

pkmnfrk
03-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I wouldn't mind it so much if it silently saved in the background. The autosave function is purely obnoxious right now.

Shoot! I was going to say something like that, but I forgot!

That said, if all it did was pop up and block a keystroke or two before vanishing, that wouldn't be so bad. If it did it in another thread or something, that would be even better.

Also, I think it should only do an auto save if the quest is dirty (i.e. un saved). Or, alternately, it could do the autosave, but then disable itself until the quest changes again. So, if its just sitting there, not being used, it won't keep saving.

Dark Nation
03-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Okay. I will address this.

Questwizard88
03-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, maybe even have an indicator pop up in the corner of the screen or something letting you know its saving would be good, as long as it doesn't stop anything.

Majora
03-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Man, you guys must not be very patient. I have it set to 1 minute intervals and it doesn't annoy me O.o

pkmnfrk
03-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Really? Not even when you drawing tiles? Or writing Strings? Or compiling ZScripts (which I do very frequently)?

Majora
03-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Can't say I do, heh.

Look at it this way: Be glad you're getting annoyed by insurance NOW as opposed to being pissed off when your house has burned down (translation: backups > quest corruption/lost progress especially when it's a large amount)

ShadowTiger
03-28-2009, 02:41 PM
The box generally pops up after I've left the tiles pages when I was drawing, or working with combos in the combo pages. Only afterwards. Never while, as far as I can recall.

Questwizard88
03-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it seems timed saves are totally disabled other than the timer counting down while you're doing those. I've never had it save once in the tile pages. It does get annoying when you're working on screens and all of a sudden mess up when it pops on you.