PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm having terrible trouble Importing Combos!!!

Marduk
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Salutations,
I started using Zelda Quest about six months ago, and finally decided that I would like to use BSish graphics. I was using 2.5 (910) and could not import combos without it being corrupted. I have read over the forums for months and have read that the import bugs were fixed. I downloaded the newest virsion I could find 2.5 (980) and when i try to import combos the same thing happens: TOTAL COMBO SHEET MELTDOWN! Is importing combos still buggy? Is this just a personal problem? Is I a Idgit? Please Please Please Help.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by meltdown. Can you please provide a screenshot?

Marduk
03-27-2009, 11:49 AM
What I mean by meltdown is that it copies the combos I want to import over my existing BS tileset, even though I set the combo page to import to 5. It starts at the beginning. ANY advice help hints is greatly appreciated.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Oh. It's better to just rip the tiles individually than to import an entire combo page. Trust me, it's far, far easier on you in the end.

Press "G" on the Tiles Page, after highlighting the spot you want them to appear on, and select the file, click on the tiles, (You can shift+click to select multiple tiles.) (And the "s" key adjusts the grabbing size.) hit enter, etc.

Marduk
03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanx Shadow Tiger. I would still like to know how to properly import combos using the combo import start page option.

Another related question; is it possible to add multiple tiles to my combo page, or must those be done one at a time also?

ShadowTiger
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
There is a way, but it's extremely obscure. This only works in the 2.5 Versions. ( www.shardstorm.com - Get the latest one.) Go to the Tiles Page, ("T" in the latest version.) and shift-click multiple tiles to highlight them. Obviously, these will be the ones you want to add to the combo page. Yes, they should be consecutive. So Highlight 'em, and Press m. (Make sure you haven't hit "c" on anything first to copy it, otherwise you'll paste it there instead. "m" is "move" if you have something copied.)

So then it'll bring you to a copy page if you did indeed not have anything copied into your ZQuest "clipboard" by pressing c on a tile first. (Sorry if I'm overelaborative.) Find a nice empty spot in your combo page that you know will be big enough, and hit enter. It'll give you an Edit Combo dialog. Configure that combo to be the default combo type for all combos in the range of tiles' worth you selected. Then, it'll all be there.

It's something better observed first-hand, really.

Tiles Page.
Highlight the tiles you want to copy.
Press m
Find an empty spot in the combo page.
Hit enter. Configure default combo.
???
Profit.

Marduk
03-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanx again Shadow Tiger. That should save me tons of time. I appreciate step by step directions. It is of my opinion that when dealing with Zelda Quest Over elaboration is a necessity for me.