PDA

View Full Version : Ribeye

Cloral
03-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Ribeye steak + garlic fries + salad + beer. Best dinner I've made in a while. What's the best dinner you guys have made?

Brasel
03-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Neither my wife nor I can cook. We made some good tacos the other night.

ShadowTiger
03-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Freshly-made pasta essentially drowning in red sauce is one of the few things that will make me feel like I have earned the supper that I had just eaten.

rock_nog
03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Mmmm, that ribeye dinner sounds absolutely delicious. As for myself - well, my sisters will pretty much murder me if I don't make lasagna when I'm visiting home, so I think that's a strong vote in that direction. On the other hand, I very much pride myself on my chili. But ultimately, in terms of the most delicious things I've ever made, well, I'm torn between this wonderful beef stew I made (oh God, it was sooooooo good, and this from a guy who hates people who over-emphasize how good things are), and a pot of wicked awesome shrimp gumbo I once made (fed me for a week, and the only regret I had was at the end of the week when the pot was empty).

Prrkitty
03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Pasta red sauce made with 151 rum... let it simmer for awhile after you add the rum (oh and make sure there's no open flame when you add it also). OHHHHH man that's good stuff. I haven't made it in years ...

moocow
03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Steak stir fry. Ohhh man it was a hit. My chili, too.

Brasel
03-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Pasta red sauce made with 151 rum... let it simmer for awhile after you add the rum (oh and make sure there's no open flame when you add it also). OHHHHH man that's good stuff. I haven't made it in years ...

I think I'm going to try that. It sounds like fun. :)

jerome
03-26-2009, 06:52 PM
While I can't seem to get too many other people to try it, I like to cook myself something similar to chicken parmesan. It's chicken breasts cooked (pan fried with spray butter), either Rotini or Penne noodles, some shredded cheese, and some Ragu/Prego with a little extra kick I add in. Habanero Pepper Powder!! About 1/8 tablespoon for about 1/2 jar. It may not sound like much, but it'll burn your mouth. I've made it much stronger before and liked it, but it gets kind of overwhelming because I kind of like to taste the other stuff as well.

Apparently I can cook hamburgers on the grill rather well. My step-dad even said they were better than his (and everyone really likes his). I do alright at chicken breasts as well, on or off the grill.

I tried steak once, but didn't do too well on the grill with them. They tasted great, but were chewier than hell. Yup... on there just a bit too long.

Ribeye sounds good though... <insert Homer Simpson smiley drooling here> aaaaahhhaahahhhah

Prrkitty
03-27-2009, 02:17 PM
I think I'm going to try that. It sounds like fun. :)

The only way I can explain how it tastes is... smooth. I wish I could cook it again but being diabetic and some of the meds I'm on... <blah>

If I remember right it was 1/2 cup of 151 for 1 jar of sauce (or so). Add to taste... :)

ShadowTiger
03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Will any kind of Red Sauce do? How about the kind of Pasta? Any extra spices added to the mix?

Prrkitty
03-27-2009, 09:35 PM
My pasta sauce was 2 huge cans of tomato sauce, 1 large can of tomato paste (add as needed to thicken the sauce), some fresh cut up tomatoes (my crowd didn't mind the skins), 1lb of lean ground beef (the only salt I'd add to the sauce would be to the ground beef as I cooked it), 1lb of Italian sausage, Italian seasoning (to taste), garlic powder (not garlic salt - to help restrict the salt added), red pepper (added to taste and add a kick to the sauce) --- at the MOST 1cup of 151 rum

I'd cook the meat ... first hamburger and then add the sausage and finish cooking that together. Drain most of the fat off BEFORE you add the meat to the sauce.

Most of the time I'd add all this to my slow cooker... get it all warm (1 to 1.5 hours) and THEN add the rum... and let this all simmer on low for 4-6 hours.

YUM! My mouth is watering just thinking about this...

Cloral
03-28-2009, 01:13 AM
I've had pasta sauce with vodka before and that was pretty good, so I imagine that recipe would be really good. I'll have to try it sometime, if I can be patient enough to wait for it to simmer all that time.

Aliem
03-28-2009, 01:41 AM
The other night I grilled elk burgers seasoned with parsley, a little bit of garlic, black pepper, and a little bit of cayenne pepper. I stuffed them with mushrooms, colby-jack cheese, and white onion before cooking them. It turned out decent.

Glitch
03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I've had pasta sauce with vodka before and that was pretty good, so I imagine that recipe would be really good. I'll have to try it sometime, if I can be patient enough to wait for it to simmer all that time.

Vodka actually goes better when it's a alfredo type sauce instead of a tomato based sauce.

I love cooking, do it quite a bit. I've got like 50 lbs of farm fresh belgium blue beef in my freezer just waiting for it to be warm enough to grill out.

jerome
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Anyone know of any other ways to cook Tilapia fish fillets other than using Fish Fry seasoning? It's not that it's bad, I'm just afraid it'll start to get old after a while. Or maybe some other things to make with it? Currently I've made brown rice (w/butter and sugar) to go with it. It's pretty good.
Here's what it looks like:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7335/img00090w.th.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00090w.jpg)

Here's what my other disaster-piece looks like:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9941/img00089.th.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00089.jpg)

I'm not sure what prompted me to take pictures, but they make me hungry.

Cloral
04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Hey now, I've taken pictures of food too. I took pictures of my Mexican Lasagna the other day, thinking that I might upload the recipe to AllRecipies.com.

Have you tried grilling the Tilapia? Most fish tastes good on the grill with a little lemon and teriyaki sauce.

AtmaWeapon
04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
My wife makes an awesome chicken spaghetti, but doesn't like it herself. I made some pretty good chicken tortilla soup one time, and my cookies are surprisingly good (I'm working on breadmaking right now).

We really don't have the tools to make anything impressive, so that's all I got. I'm getting one of those oven-baked Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches from Dominos tomorrow (I'll tell them to hold the boogers) and that's mighty fine with me.

jerome
04-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I can't grill it until I get my grill back from my mom's house. We'd used it for a party there once, I haven't had a way to get it back.

But if I do try out there sometime, do you put the fish on/in foil or something? Because I'd think that the fish would just fall apart... Wouldn't it? (Note: I've never grilled fish)

I'm getting one of those oven-baked Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches from Dominos tomorrow (I'll tell them to hold the boogers) and that's mighty fine with me.
But that's what makes them taste so good. I used to work there about 10 years ago, I know!! Ok, so I never did anything like that. Just cut a co-workers thin crust pizza into about 60+ pieces. That was funnier than hell when he got all pissy about it too. He tried whining to the boss, and he just laughed at him too.

Cloral
04-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah you've gotta use foil when you're grilling fish. You can also just wrap the fish in foil and stick it right into the fire if you keep the fire low enough. We did that on a backpacking trip once with fresh trout we had caught that afternoon. That was the best damn fish I've ever had.

jerome
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks, I might have to give that a try someday.

Sam Atoms
04-23-2009, 05:12 AM
Outback Steakhouse makes some of the best ribeye around.

I'll get around to cooking something more advanced than rice-a-roni eventually.

jerome
04-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Are they as good as Longhorn Steakhouse?

Prrkitty
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Outback steaks ROCK! Especially their Ribeye and the Teriyaki Marinated Sirloin. Paul and I have been going to our local Outback since 1999... they know us, love us and treat us like family when we show up. I couldn't ask for better service from those that provide the service ... when we're there. (I had a hard time trying to figure out how to say that without sounding too redundant.... sorry)