PDA

View Full Version : Very basic issue

tylerkschrute
03-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello, I actually found this site through stumbleupon and think it's a really neat idea. I downloaded the program and am currently playing through the first quest, and plan to do the others as well.

I just have one really basic issue. I wasn't really sure what forum to ask this in, and the faqs didn't seem to cover it. On the key config screen, there is no option to configure the "select" key. The reason I need the select key is because if I remember correctly you can manually save the game by going to the menu and pressing select, instead of having to kill yourself.

If there is another way to save the game, please let me know. Thanks.

ShadowTiger
03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Ah. I don't actually think there is a select key, believe it or not. (This isn't an NES emulator, so..)

Instead, hit F6 in the game.

F7 is the Reset button, and F8 quits.

F1 makes the game go faster / slower. (Vsync. Mess around with it. :p )

F3 Pauses the game and unpauses it, whereas F4 pauses it (If not paused already.) and advances the game by one frame. You can hold it in for Matrix Bullet-time effects. :p

F12 Takes a screenshot.

ZQuest has its own slew of hotkeys and shortcuts, but those are for later. ;)

Welcome, and enjoy Zelda Classic! :D

erm2003
03-25-2009, 05:51 AM
Actually the trick you had to do on the original NES game was go to the Subscreen then press Up and A on controller 2 to do a quick save. Since a second controller can't be set, do as suggested above, just hit F6.

tylerkschrute
03-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks, that worked.

I have a new problem now. I just started the second quest and whenever I load my game (I'm right at the start), I begin in the far upper left corner of the map trapped in the mountains. It's a really bizarre glitch. Is there a way to fix this?

Questwizard88
03-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Its a known bug right now. The best thing to do is make a new save and use the name ZELDA. It should work just fine then.

Link
03-28-2009, 10:27 AM
2.10.2 (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/files/zc2102wl.zip) fixes that issue, too.