PDA

View Full Version : Color changing on a labtop?

CoryH
03-21-2009, 04:30 PM
i have zquest on my labtop and it has no number pad, is there a way to change colors of the tiles without it or do i have to plug in another keyboard to my labtop?

sorry if this was asked before.

ShadowTiger
03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
And I quote from www.shardstorm.com
Build 976 - windows (http://www.shardstorm.com/zc/alphas/976-windows.zip)

* Fixed the bug where Moldorms were not using the assigned tiles.
* Fixed the bug where the fill tool cursor would jump during its first use in the tile editor.
* Fixed the bug where the move tool in the tile editor would make the tile slide erratically in large mode.
* Added keyboard shortcuts for the tile and combo editors ('t' and 'k', respectively).
* The '/', '*', '-', and '+' keyboard keys now work like their keypad counterparts (for people without a keypad) in ZQuest.
* The keyboard repeat delay and repeat rate in ZQuest are now customizable. Set them to 0 to turn off key repetition (typewriter mode). ( DarkNation, 2009-03-14 20:36:28)

So yeah. It's easiest to just upgrade to the latest version.

Shazza Dani
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
What do / and * do in ZQuest? O.O

ShadowTiger
03-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I think they change flags while you're placing them down. / Descends, * Ascends. I dunno, try it out.

Joe123
03-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Or if you're stuck in the dark ages, hold down 'Fn' and find where the number pad is layered over the top of your keys in blue (hopefully), then press the plus/minus buttons.

Or turn on NumLock if you really want.

Anikom15
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
You can also use on-screen keyboard, but I'm not sure if it works.