PDA

View Full Version : How do you change quest number?

Shazza Dani
03-20-2009, 05:48 AM
In the Header area there's no option to change quest number anymore. I was trying to alter the 1st quest and save it under a new name, but now I can't play it because ZC says it's not a custom quest; and there's no way for me to change the quest number to zero… or is there?

Nicholas Steel
03-20-2009, 07:11 AM
maybe it is done intentionally to stop people altering the 1st quest?

Shazza Dani
03-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Well, I could always change the name to "1st.qst" and then Zelda Classic would play it. I think the idea was to stop people from changing the number on their custom quests, thus making them unplayable. I just don't like that idea because it means the default quests have built-in data that you can't change. And that is kind of annoying—especially if I want to make an altered version of the 1st quest, for example, if I was using it as a base for that Official 4th quest contest.*

*which I'm not, but that's not the point

redmage777
03-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Surely there are enough 1st Quest clones out there that you could just use one of them right? You could also extract the 1st Quest from another version and name it something like 1stclone.qst a save it for future needs.

But "Its the Principal of the thing." right?

Link
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
From the changelog:

* The header dialog now hides the Quest Number box by default to keep people from accidentally setting it to something other than 0. You can still see/edit the value by holding down a shift key while accessing the dialog if you need it for some reason.

Shazza Dani
03-20-2009, 07:07 PM
*holds down shift key*

HEY< IT WORKED> THANKS>

*flees*