PDA

View Full Version : Teletubbies, too fat and lazy to work?

odinson
03-19-2009, 09:39 PM
They have a combined weight of 83 stone and claim £22,000 in taxpayer-funded benefits on the basis they are ‘too fat to work’.

Yet, incredibly, X Factor flop Emma Chawner's family from Blackburn are demanding more money - because they still can’t afford their calorie-laden lifestyle.

Asked why they don’t simply go on a diet, the jobless Chawner family who are so obese their neighbours call them ‘the telly tubbies’ insist: ‘We don’t have the time.’

Emma, 19, famously appeared on the TV talent show in 2007 wearing a wedding-style dress made by her dad.
She was kicked off after the first audition, but not before the family were evicted from their previous house after neighbours complained about her singing at 3am.

Both Philip Chawner, 53, and his 57-year-old wife Audrey weigh 24st. Their youngest daughter, Emma, is 5ft 3in and weighs 17st, while her older sister Samantha, 21, is 5ft 9in and weighs 18st.

They haven’t worked in 11 years, claiming their weight is due to a hereditary condition.
Instead, the family spend their days in front of a television borrowed from a friend.

Mr Chawner said: ‘We love TV. It’s on from the moment we get up. Often I’m so tired from watching TV I have to have a nap.’

Yet of their £22,508 a year in tax-free benefits - equivalent to a £30,000 salary - Mr Chawner said: ‘What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It’s not our fault we can’t work. We deserve more.’

Original article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1162503/The-real-telly-tubbies-X-Factor-failures-83-stone-family-claim-simply-fat-work.html)

Video of the family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdUnVRzZjw&feature=related)

:eek:Are they for real? I used to think that extensive welfare programs might be sustainable so long as a country shored up its borders to prevent neighboring states without such programs from dumping their poor on them. I've since changed my mind.

Dechipher
03-20-2009, 03:37 AM
I am amazed that no one has replied to this. These people are clearly not worth the money spent on them. Unfortunately, in a society, the idea with providing money is that you will somehow provide your worth back. What would happen if their welfare was revoked? I sympathize with the medical thing, but I'm not sure that eating chocolate pies and watching television is the best solution. Maybe excercise, get a job, and stop being a lazy fatass? a working fatass = okay
Lazy fatass = drain on society and ultimately a waste of (large) space
Again, I don't dig on overweight people for being overweight, I dig on overweight people who are assholes and live off of the hard work of others. You don't know how to lose weight? Fucking do something! That's the first step.

Nicholas Steel
03-20-2009, 07:15 AM
the problem is that fat peoples butts tend to consume more then 30% of there body lawl. pretty good reason they are assholes :)

rock_nog
03-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Eh, I refuse to respond to anything from the Daily Mail. They're just a big tabloid, and they specialize in these kinds of sensationalist shock-value stories designed to convince people that society is falling apart. Shoot, they're even worse than my local Fox network, which routinely features such idiotic "investigations" as a demonstration of how a dorm room is more flammable than a prison cell.

Pryme8
03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
"none of them liked my dress"

"Those who have a donkey win a derby don't go on to win the Gran National..."

hell yea

Aegix Drakan
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
....Whaaaat?

Dude, that is lame on sooo many levels. They need to get off their asses and DO something!

Look, I'm a serious gaming addict, and I could NEVER spend all day gaming (unless I'm being paid for it, which I am at the moment). Seriously.......this whole story reeks of retardedness.

Trevelyan_06
03-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Shoot, they're even worse than my local Fox network, which routinely features such idiotic "investigations" as a demonstration of how a dorm room is more flammable than a prison cell.

Please tell me that you are making that up. For the sake of my sanity please please say you made that up.

rock_nog
03-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Please tell me that you are making that up. For the sake of my sanity please please say you made that up.
I really, REALLY, wish I could, for the sake of my own sanity. But I shit you not - they lit a dorm room and a prison cell, and were shocked when the dorm room went up in flames, while the prison cell, consisting of nothing but bricks and bars, did not. I seriously wanted to smash the TV, it was that stupid.

Cloral
03-21-2009, 01:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNO6G4ApJQY

That's all that needs to be said about Fox. PS: that's my local Fox station. :rolleyes:

rock_nog
03-21-2009, 01:12 AM
Jesus, that's your local Fox station? Damn, and I thought "dorms are flammable" was bad.

Aegix Drakan
03-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I shit you not - they lit a dorm room and a prison cell, and were shocked when the dorm room went up in flames, while the prison cell, consisting of nothing but bricks and bars, did not.

......................What?

*hope for humanity -2!!*