PDA

View Full Version : A question about the Continue global script

blue_knight
03-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Ok I have a global script - named "Continue" that I'd like to run on continue. I had to put it into a script slot, it works more or less as intended in slot 2 - which is the old global script spot I believe. Anyway the problem is that it doesn't run immediately, the first room is initialized first. How do I get it to run right at the continue, before the first screen is initialized? Is this even possible?

pkmnfrk
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
The best answer I can give you is to stick a WaitFrame() in the first screen's script...

jman2050
03-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Global scripts named "Continue" should have been appended to the reserved continue slot without having to do it yourself. So you can use slot 2 for your normal global script.

However, it isn't currently possible to run the Init or Continue script before the first room is physically loaded. What you *can* do is have the continue script reload the current room once by using the warp command I think.

blue_knight
03-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Strange I did name it "Continue" but it didn't do anything until I assigned it to a slot. I'll try it again. Is it case sensitive? If so is it "Continue" or "continue"?

As for the reloading the room using warp, that does work. Now that I know that the continue script doesn't run before the first room is loaded, I'll just use a work around that I recently implemented. Thanks for verifying it though. :)

Well nevermind - I tried it again and the Continue script works fine. I swear I tried it before... I don't know - atleast it works now. :)

And it is "Continue" to answer my own question above. Anyway thanks again for the answers.