PDA

View Full Version : character stuck

charlie s
03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Noob here.... I am running xp and ZC 2.10. Love it. was my favorite game years ago. Looking forward to getting ALL the way through, I couldent when I was a kid. (retarted?)
I have read and read but can't resolve this on my own. After completing the first quest my character is stuck in the top left. I know, you know. I thought this bug was fixed in 2.10 (so I read). I have removed and reinstalled the game 3 times and did the 1st quest all over and end up with the same results starting the second quest up you know where.
Please, what is the solution. I can't find it in this forum.

great game, great forum, great job!!!

ShadowTiger
03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
This certainly isn't a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling it. (Didn't know they could be installed or uninstalled, actually.) The problem itself just has to do with the Link Arrival Position defaulting to position 0,0; AKA, the upper left corner of the screen. Nothing you can do about it other than pop the hood of the quest and change those to somewhere walkable. Unless, of course, the quest is passworded, which it likely is.

Try ZC 2.5 Build 980 (http://www.shardstorm.com/zc/alphas/980-windows.zip) instead. Bug-free, essentially. Work not from the official 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quests, but from the "Proposed1st.qst" quests, etc. You can open them up in ZQuest and enable the cheats to free yourself from corners if you have to, as those quests themselves are unpassworded.

erm2003
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Will it work ok if you just skip to the second quest by giving your file the name ZELDA? I thought I remember someone saying you can avoid the bug by just starting a file on the 2nd quest instead.

charlie s
03-19-2009, 10:15 AM
I read that too. I hope I am understanding you please educate me if not. I am to create another character/ name Zelda. This I have tried but at the first, character screen but I can't figure out how to "enter" the new character? I type the name then have hit every button to try and enter and start with no luck. I feel like a dumbass but I have spent a week reading this forum, just want to play

Dark Nation
03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
At the save slot select screen (where it shows 3 different saves), move the heart cursor down to "Register Name" and hit Enter. After that, you should be able to type in your name and hit Enter again to create a save slot. After that, hit Enter once more to play that slot.

jerome
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Will it work ok if you just skip to the second quest by giving your file the name ZELDA? I thought I remember someone saying you can avoid the bug by just starting a file on the 2nd quest instead.

That's the only way I could do it as well. And if you want to play the "third" quest, I believe you have to type in ALPHA as the name. And if you want to play the "fourth" quest... you'll just have to make it yourself. :D

Link
03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
2.10.2 (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/files/zc2102wl.zip) seems to fix this issue.

charlie s
03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
COOL, still running the same version but this time typing ZELDA as a character worked. A couple weeks ago it dident, thats my excuse and I'm stickin with it.
thanks all
till the next time.....
Charlie