PDA

View Full Version : Cave Up/Down Random?

ShadowTiger
03-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I noticed (For the nth time, I suppose.) that we don't have any Cave (Walk Up/Down) [Random] or Swim Warp [Random] type Combos, but we have them for Direct Warps and Stair Warps and others. Purposeful omission?

XMuppetSB
03-17-2009, 06:24 PM
We also don't have a Dive Warp [Random] Combo, or any Slash-> Next (Item) Combos involving flowers or tall grass. And we don't have any combo flags for newly added button items, like the longshot and the cane of byrna. When it's time for the developers to start working on a combo type editor, perhaps they should add a combo flag editor, though it would require major changes on the secret combo dialog.

Dark Nation
03-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Well, when the combo type editor is added, there will be a combo flag editor that is essentially the same. The combo type editor is for things that ALWAYS have certain properties. Like docks or water combos, or cave combos. The combo flag editor is for combo flags, things which you can drop onto a specific place on the screen for one-time use. Things like enemy start positions, etc.

Both will have access to the same types of data, I believe. You could construct any combination of any current combos or flags you wish (theoretically). For instance, poison water (water + damage).

Questwizard88
03-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice, that sounds like it'd be pretty cool. Just a question here, but would something along the lines of a water conveyor usable by the raft also be possible with this? It'd be cool to make something like the river rapids game in LA without having to do too much scripting on it.

Pteryx
03-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Agreed that this sounds like a neat feature. :) Will one be able to make new types of combos that interact with particular weapon classes (like Burn -> Next)? Assign item drop sets to changing combo types like that? Will raw types that don't yet exist (like walkable pits and slippery/ice tiles) be added at this time? -- Pteryx

Dark Nation
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
You should be able to create any combination of current combo properties that are available. So, Burn->Next would be possible. Having a combo that creates an enemy when struck or touched should be possible.