PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts to Tiles & Combo Pages?

ShadowTiger
03-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Is there any chance at all that we can get a Shortcut directly to the Tiles or Combo pages? I figure people work with them enough to warrant them. I remember when they were right in the Quest Menu. I miss that. The current method, [Alt+Q] -> [G] -> [T] / [C] works well enough, but I'll bet the new shortcuts would be used a hell of a lot more than people would think.

The "Y" key doesn't seem to do anything, if I recall. Nor do the H or J keys.

Dark Nation
03-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, Ctrl-H, Shift-H, and Ctrl-Shift-H flip the map, screen, or map and screen horizontally.

J, K, N and T are unused. So, how about K for Combos (kombos?) and T for Tiles?

ShadowTiger
03-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Epic Win. You have our collective thanks. The artists in the room rejoice.

Dark Nation
03-13-2009, 10:50 PM
And now the '/', '*', '+', and '-' keys on the keyboard operate like their numeric pad cousins.

Questwizard88
03-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Ahh that'll definitely help when I'm doing stuff on the go with my laptop, since its number pad is going out on me. Probably the same for a lot of others too.

redmage777
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
While were on the subject, How hard would it be for striking U for undo to Toggle the action on and off as opposed to the "Undo and Forget" Approach? I strike undo by mistake a lot when I'm editing tiles in any kind of a hurry.

More or less this wouldn't be so much a Redo command as it would be allowing undo to undo itself.

ShadowTiger
03-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh, right, ... don't forget to put the shortcut key next to the name of the thing in the menu! I.e. Tiles Page (t) and Combos Page (k)