PDA

View Full Version : Custom Boss "Kame the Wizard"

pkmnfrk
03-11-2009, 10:58 PM
My latest creation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijUXdDuuQ64

Description from the video:

This is a 100% scripted boss which I intend to include in a quest that I hope to create sometime before I die :)

Since I haven't really made the rest of the game yet, I had to guess as to what items/health I might have when facing him. But, when I actually place him, I'll tweak the balance.

He has three attacks:

1. Fire ball - Teleport to a random place, and throw a fireball at Kale. Easy to dodge.
2. Ring of Fire - Teleport to the middle of the screen, and shoot three rings of fire. The rings are a little bit offset, to make it challenging.
3. Random Fire - Teleport to the top of the screen, and make fireballs randomly appear, heading towards Kale. (This is a bitch to dodge, so I'll probably modify this at some point.)

He will not be an end-of-level boss. Instead, as one of the villain's main minions, he will appear two or three times during the game. This is the first fight against him.

ShadowTiger
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Hm. Pretty Neat. When the random fireballs start spawning all over to harass Link, why not turn the screen a little bit red to show the general heat in the room increasing too? Without sources for those random fireballs, it feels a bit cheap.

Gleeok
03-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Sweet. I'm happy that someone's churning out awesome scripts for a zelda styled quest. I shudder to comprehend the levels of retarded If I was still making one.

It's also nice to know that I can steal use your scripts if I decide to run that route again. :p

I'm gonna agree with ST on the random bullet thing though. Probably falls in the category of bad design bug. But! I shoot myself in the foot like this all the time and have learned that smoking crack + game design = new awesome idea * amount of additional cracked out ideas you add to it.

pkmnfrk
03-12-2009, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyH31iP2sWc

I think, with this update, I've addressed everyone's concerns ;)

Heheh.

Gleeok
03-12-2009, 02:35 AM
You missed a spot! =P

Din
03-12-2009, 10:00 AM
Ouch, he seems pretty tough. :eek: