PDA

View Full Version : Making Clones of Item Classes

redmage777
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
What is the easiest way to make two item classes that do the same thing?

Examples of what is needed:

1.)Being able to select between three types of arrows- Normal, Fire(uses magic), and Light(uses more magic.)

2.)Creating a sword type that fires a powerful beam that uses up a lot of magic, and penetrates enemy, but doesn't effect the normal swords (since it really isn't a sword per-say.)

I have other needs, but I need to go now...

Joe123
03-08-2009, 07:11 PM
The easiest way is not to use item classes.

There's a box in the subscreen editor for each current item that's called 'Item Override' or something.
Try setting that up and see what happens.

jman2050
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM
There was an addition not to long ago to the subscreen editor that allowed you to do just this. By default, selectable items on the subscreen go by item classes, which means that all items in the sword class would be represented by that subscreen element. However, there's an option called "Item Override", that can be used to ignore the item class.

So if you have three different swords, you simply put three selectable items on the subscreen and refer each item override option to the three swords. They will each be selectable simultaneously.

EDIT - And Joe has beaten me

Joe123
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Ah, sorry jman =P

On a completely un-related note, how do I turn off the 'Last edited by Joe123 : 1 Minute Ago at 11:33 pm.' message?

King Aquamentus
03-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh. Cool. I can make my super missiles seperate now.