PDA

View Full Version : Testing: Enemies VS Gravity

XMuppetSB
03-06-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/masterpikachu/ZC%20Content/Test%20Quests/Sideviewtest.qst

I did a little test on how different enemies function in side-view gravity.

The following enemies obey gravity:

Walking Enemy, Walker and Shooter, Armos, Gel (normal and tribble), Zol (normal and tribble), Rope, Goriya, Like-Like, Dodongo, Gohma, Lanmola (in the next build)

The following ignore gravity for different reasons:

Tektite: As a jumping enemy, it ignores the walk flags.
Leever: Appears in mid-air; If Misc 1 is 0 or 2, it will go back into the ground immediately if it appears in mid-air, unless it appears above Link (in which it will completely ignore gravity), but if it comes to the edge of a platform, it goes back in the ground. If Misc 1 is 1, it simply ignores gravity altogether, in other words, moving freely in mid-air.
Peahat: Flying enemy
Zora: Appears on water combos, but tyhere is no side-view water feature yet. I think it would be a good idea to implement something like that.
Rock: Falls from top of screen
Ghini: Normal completely ignores gravity since the phantom ignores walk flags.
Keese (normal and tribble): Flying enemy
Trap: Because of its movement; other than that, no explanation needed
Wall master: Because it comes out of walls.
Bubble: Completely ignores gravity, but that's quite all right. They float around in more recent Zelda games anyway!
Vire (normal and tribble): Completely ignores gravity, despite obeying the walk flags. It may hop in the original Zelda, but it does not float!
Pols Voice: Being a jumping enemy, it ignores walk flags.
Wizzrobe: due to teleporting/phasing movement
Aquamentus: Completely ignores gravity, despite being ground-bound!
Moldorm: due to its diagonal movement.
Manhandla: Floater
Gleeok: It can only be placed in one spot.
Digdogger (small and large): Floater
Lanmola: (it will obey gravity in the next build)
Patra: Flying enemy
Ganon: Because he is invisible and appears in random spots

The following can be a bit buggy in side-view gravity:

Dodongo: It its a bit glitchy after falling, as Link takes damage without touching the dodongo due to it being incorrectly positioned while facing up after a little fall; BS variety's sprite becomes a glitch after a litlle fall, and it gets permanently stuck (and as a glitch) when it comes to a wall that is not fully solid (I think)
Gohma: Despite obeying gravity, it pretty much sticks to NES Movement anyway.
Rope: After a little drop, it gets permanently stuck!
Trap: Particularly a horizontal constant trap. It only works properly when placed on a platform; if placed in mid-air, it gets stuck!

King Aquamentus
03-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Geez Matthew if you wanted to learn about enemies and gravity I could have told you shittons.