PDA

View Full Version : I tried Properties 256 Colors/640 480 resolution still not working ZC 2.10 used#

MotleyCrueFan
03-06-2009, 08:31 PM
# To work on my sister's Vista when I run as adminstrator on my account and type in the password correctly. I am talking about The Quest builder program of Zelda Classic 2.10 dudes.

My sister used to have a monitor about 23 inches wide and about 18 3/4 inches tall.

She has a Windows Vista I am on my Jason account which is not Administrator so when I left click and right click Run as Administrator for Zelda Classic 2.10 quest maker program, now then new screen goes totally blank.

The new screen is a SANYO about 38 inches wide and about 34 inches tall.

Please help me rectify the problem(s) thank you.

BlackDays
03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
This doesn't really have anything to do with your screen, it has to do with Windows Vista and it's incompatibility with Zelda Classic all around.

I have Windows Vista and I've successfully gotten both ZClassic and ZQuest running (2.10) by downloading one of the betas (to get the newest ZLaunch version.) After you do this, re-install 2.10 in the same directory as the beta, and use ZLaunch-W.exe to launch the editor or ZClassic.

Before you can launch the Quest Editor (It will probably still crash with the blank screen if you don't follow this step) you need to do the following:

1.)Open ZLaunch-w.exe
2.)Go to the Zquest tab
3.)Under the Zquest tab, go to the Resolution tab.
4.)Check the box next to Window Mode, then Check the box next to the 2X option.
5.)Launch Zquest using the "Launch ZQ" button.

I have not tried this on other Vista machines, and this is getting it to work on my Vista 64-bit system. If you are still having problems, try disabling UAC (look up Disable User Account Control in Google.) If after that you are still having issues, try messing around with the options under the Resolution tab.

Sorry if this didn't help.