PDA

View Full Version : Spike trap

Mega Link
02-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I need a script that will make spikes (specified with a flag) popup after crossing them (stepping on, then off). Please make the the flag and combo# constant, not D0 & D1.

Joe123
02-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Surely that's what the 'Step->Next' combotype is for?

pkmnfrk
02-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, that's exactly what it's for.

1. Create your trap combo, and the spike combo.
2. Make the trap a Step->Next.
3. If you're feeling saucy, have the spike cycle back to the trap.

Unless he's asking for a trap that turns into spikes after its stepped on.

Incidentally,

I need a script that will make spikes (specified with a flag) popup after crossing them (stepping on, then off). Please make the the flag and combo# constant, not D0 & D1.

If I were going to implement this script, I wouldn't use flags. I would have a list of "trap" combos, to which I would add one when triggered (eg, combo 3325 -> 3326).

Mega Link
02-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Unless he's asking for a trap that turns into spikes after its stepped on.
Yes, and also I don't think Step->Next Combos are permanent. Permanentness is very important to make sure that the player can't backtrack and use a key where it's not supposed to be used.

If I were going to implement this script, I wouldn't use flags. I would have a list of "trap" combos, to which I would add one when triggered (eg, combo 3325 -> 3326).
Ok. You know more about Zscript than I do.

pkmnfrk
02-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, a script wouldn't be any more permanent than a Step->Next combo. What you want to do is add a Trigger (Permanent) combo after the spike trap, and set secret combos so that when Link steps on the trigger, the spikes come up. That way, it would stay like that for ever.

(Also, the "Treat as Room" screen flag would help)

Mega Link
02-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, a script wouldn't be any more permanent than a Step->Next combo.
What if it accesses a global variable?

What you want to do is add a Trigger (Permanent) combo after the spike trap, and set secret combos so that when Link steps on the trigger, the spikes come up. That way, it would stay like that for ever.
Ok, but the problem with Triggers is that you can touch only the top part of the combo to avoid it.

Joe123
03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Shame global arrays don't save properly really isn't it.
Spose you could use binary though.

pkmnfrk
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
What if it accesses a global variable?

You could use Screen->D[whatever] if you wanted, I suppose.

Ok, but the problem with Triggers is that you can touch only the top part of the combo to avoid it.

Does the... uh... sensitive combo rule (I forget what it's called ATM) fix this?

sps999
03-01-2009, 11:17 AM
There are 2 trigger combos, 1 of them is just a normal trigger, labled Temporary and Permanent. The other is a combo, labeled sensitive Temporary and sensitive Permanent. The sensative ones affect link even when he tries to Cheat across the top.

Mega Link
03-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks, I forgot about sensitive triggers!