PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons to break US record

Prrkitty
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7914265.stm

WOOHOOO!! Another 2 years for the series!! Way to go Bart!! I know they're having to struggle for new episode content... but still... another two years!!

rock_nog
02-27-2009, 05:26 PM
You can't keep the Democrats out of the White House forever, and when they get in, I'm back on the streets with all my criminal buddies! Mwahahaahaha!
That quote was from way back during Bush Sr.'s presidency.

My God I can't believe how long it's been on. It's funny that you posted this, because just earlier today, I was thinking about it - specifically, there was the episode where Millhouse got Alf pogs, and at the time, Alf was kind of old, but now pogs are old, too.

Cloral
02-27-2009, 07:01 PM
It's been a while since I've watched any new episodes, but I watch the repeats if I'm eating dinner when they're on. A few nights ago they had the episode with the new worker at the power plant who hates Homer because he works very hard for very little while Homer hardly works and has plenty. That was a funny episode.

"Him? He, he's the safety inspector? Doesn't that bother you?"
"Eh, we try not to think about it."

phattonez
03-01-2009, 02:01 PM
It's been a while since I've watched any new episodes, but I watch the repeats if I'm eating dinner when they're on. A few nights ago they had the episode with the new worker at the power plant who hates Homer because he works very hard for very little while Homer hardly works and has plenty. That was a funny episode.

"Him? He, he's the safety inspector? Doesn't that bother you?"
"Eh, we try not to think about it."

I read the Wikipedia article about that episode since it is one of my favorites. Apparently it wasn't very well received when it first came out. Seems strange to me.

rock_nog
03-01-2009, 02:57 PM
What? That's crazy! The episode with Grimey was awesome. I wasn't such a fan of the whole "retconning that he had a son" business, but the original is one of my faves.

Modus Ponens
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
... and at the time, Alf was kind of old, but now pogs are old, too.

Um, I'm pretty sure pogs were old then, too. That's why it was so rad that he had traded Bart's soul for Alf pogs.

Beldaran
03-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Pogs was one of those fads that was so trendy and vapid that it was old like 12 minutes after it came out.