PDA

View Full Version : Custom Enemies!!!

VaTech
02-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help that i might receive... My brother and I just started playing around with ZC we have gone through a few tutorials and have somewhat practiced setting up our own quest, meanwhile running head first into our first hurdle...

How do you piece together Bosses??? We have designed a boss using the original tile set and of course it doesnt fit in one tile... after trying our boss ingame we only have one of the tiles floating around screen... Any Ideas???

TY

jerome
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Umm... a little more clear on what you actually need would be better.

1. Are you trying to just change the tiles that one of the current bosses already have? Like changing a Red Gohma to Jabba the Hut? (Changing the graphics tiles only, still works like Gohma though).

2. Or a brand new never before used enemy with special moves and such?

1. You just need to find ALL of the tiles that enemy uses and change them ALL for it to look correct.

2. This sounds like FFC (Free-Form Combo) stuff and I don't know how to do that stuff. Script stuff can move FFCs as well.

Moo2wo
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
I think he's using an older version of ZQuest. If it's older than 2.5, custom bosses are difficult to make. I believe Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge Director's Cut did it through direct waps (pits), put the boss tiles on a layer, and then put an enemy like Gibdos under it. Then you have to put the Enemy->Secrets screen flag on. Make it so all the combos on screen change to pits. After you have the battle over, put in a Heart Container and consider yourself lucky the battle worked.