PDA

View Full Version : Slide-Proof?

Joe123
02-17-2009, 04:32 PM
I was thinking, what is it that makes the Zoras and the Falling Rocks slide proof?
I never understood that.

Gleeok
02-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Suction cups? :P
http://www.deepfun.com/suction.jpg

Maybe translate it as Die-Proof? Or not treated like enemies for secrets or doors? IDK thats my guess.

XMuppetSB
02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Maybe translate it as Die-Proof? Or not treated like enemies for secrets or doors? IDK thats my guess.

Well, bubbles and traps are not treated as enemies that must be killed to trigger secrets or open shutters either.:rolleyes:
But they're not marked as slide-proof.:shrug:

*b*
02-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe translate it as Die-Proof?
A couple well-aimed arrows can take care of Zoras out in the water, or a couple slashes at close range

I think slide proof means that striking them under any conditions won't make them recoil, though it really doesn't seem necessary. I mean, obviously that's what it stands for, but everything else either walks or flies, meaning they can get knocked back. Can't really send boulders back up the hill with a dinky little sword, or bash an enemy through water, can you?

Linkus
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
If you have Enter From Sides enabled, the rocks, tektites (or at least they did), and Zoras act funny. They would "slide" into the screen, looking very odd.

Nicholas Steel
02-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Linkus that was retained for backwards support... granted they could fix it and add a rule to enable the old behavior and have the rule enabled for old quests...

Dark Nation
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
To be honest, none of the current developers really know what it means. In fact, it may not even be "slide-proof". The original designation was "sp" (which could mean special, I guess). Someone at one time commented that it meant slide-proof and so it stuck. I believe the reason is (I'd have to double-check the code to be sure) as follows...

Go into a room where the enemy list is set up like this: Moblin 2, Moblin 1, Moblin 1
If you kill the Moblin 2 then exit the room and re-enter it, the room refills with 2 enemies (the number of enemies you left behind), starting at the top of the list, so you end up with a Moblin 2 and a Moblin 1. Thus, the enemies sort of slide up the list. Zoras and Rocks (I *think*) may not do this. If you put them in a room, they return when you re-enter, no matter how many enemies you kill or where these are in the enemy list.

Again, I'm not 100% sure on this. The ONLY one know really knows for sure, I think, would be PM.