PDA

View Full Version : Changing Casting Sprite

Banon
02-15-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm trying to change Link's casting sprite, so the second part of the sprite has a likeness to the Din's Fire animation in OoT. I've already made the needed tiles, but I can't seem to change the reference tiles in the menu Quest>Graphics>Sprites>Link. No matter what tile I choose, it never changes it. With other sprites, I can change Link easily. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using 2.10, and 1st quest tileset.

jerome
03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Instead of choosing which tile you want it to be, (since you said that doesn't seem to be working) find which tile it IS and change that one... assuming it's not used for something else.

I just did this myself. And it wouldn't let me change which tile THAT I WANT it to be, so I changed the CAST tile it shows. It works.

So let's say that the tile is #27 (just a random number actually). Instead of changing the cast tile to use #32, I just changed tile #27 to what I want it to be.

Banon
03-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Instead of choosing which tile you want it to be, (since you said that doesn't seem to be working) find which tile it IS and change that one... assuming it's not used for something else.

I just did this myself. And it wouldn't let me change which tile THAT I WANT it to be, so I changed the CAST tile it shows. It works.

So let's say that the tile is #27 (just a random number actually). Instead of changing the cast tile to use #32, I just changed tile #27 to what I want it to be.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with what I wanted.:banghead:

What I meant, was that I wanted to have two frames of animation (kinda like this smiley) :bomb:.

I assume that is possible, because there seems to normally be a blank frame in the Link's graphic menu. I can't just change all near by tiles though, because a lot of tiles are reffered to there.:computer:

jerome
03-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I see what you mean now, but I think there's a problem in doing so. You see the first tile it uses is a trasparent tile #1 (or the VERY first tile in all tile sheets). It's the upper left one that looks like several broken tiles together (heart, X, rupee, space) like what's below in the picture(s):
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8830/zelda013.th.png (http://img8.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zelda013.png)

It then goes to use the one you choose (though I couldn't get it to change any). So it looks like you may be stuck with just one tile animation for cast unless there's something different in the betas/alphas.