PDA

View Full Version : Summoning wizzrobes?

sps999
02-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Now is it just me, or can wizzrobes only summon bats? Seriously, I tried having them summon stalfos and gleeoks and stuff, but they only want to summon bats. I know the Gleeok may be stretching it, but they should at least be able to summon Stalfos, Darknuts, other Wizzrobes, etc. Anyone know a work around?

beefster09
02-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Use the summoner enemies. Put the enemies you want it to summon on one of the layer screens.

Gleeok
02-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Yeah, you can summon any default/custom enemy in the enemy list using the 2.5 builds. Just make sure you put the enemy ID into the appropriate Misc. box in the editor for custom wizzrobes, or do as Beefster suggested for Summoner type wizzrobes. The best use of this? Is a Wizzrobe that summons more wizzrobes of course!!! add the 'enter from screens' flag with this setup and you're good to go. ;)

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2009, 01:14 AM
2x wizzrobes that summon more wizzrobes that summon more wizzrobes and ... now poor link is screwed xD.

sps999
02-15-2009, 08:52 AM
2x wizzrobes that summon more wizzrobes that summon more wizzrobes and ... now poor link is screwed xD.

Only problem with that is there would be no real enemies.
---------------------------------------------------------
Thanks guys, I got it working.

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
if anything can be a summoning monster then have wizzrobes that spawn bats that spawn wizzrobes that spawn bats that spawn wizzrobes... now you have some enemies.

King Aquamentus
02-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Summoning is a trait specific to Wizzrobes, performable only if the proper Misc. Attribute is checked. Octorocks also have a special ability to shoot in burst fire capabilities. There is no octorock type though: Just one of a few variables in "Walker and shooter"

Shazza Dani
02-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Here's an idea; make Tribble Vires that split into more Tribble Vires. They'd be virtually unbeatable. (Maybe you could eliminate them with a superbomb, I dunno.)

Nicholas Steel
02-15-2009, 11:57 PM
tribble vires that spawn tribble vires that spawn ganon? :D infinite ganons until you kill the original tribble vires that spawn the special tribble vires that spawn ganon.

King Aquamentus
02-16-2009, 01:34 AM
For a good time, create a walker/shooter with Burst fire capabilities that shoots super bombs. I did this, and it was sweeeeeeeeet (I wish I had his weapon)

Joe123
02-16-2009, 05:32 AM
(I wish I had his weapon)

Wouldn't be too hard to make it actually.

Gleeok
02-16-2009, 06:20 AM
I had a bunch of really cool non-scripted enemies set up in the Dungeon-Impossible quest, along with some really pretty NES palettes. I would've liked to give the quest to the community, but I haven't been able to open the quest file since my old computer died over a year ago. The only version that currently exists is the 584 demo version I believe, but I never meant to open that .qst file, so I have no idea what the password is. Maybe if someone ( *Joe) wanted to reset it and post it here though....hmm... (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97774)

Matthew Bluefox
02-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Ha, now I finally got the reason for the Summoner ... it didn't summon anything by default, so I thought hmmm ... what's the purpose of an empty summoner? :D Thanks for explaining. :)

Joe123
02-16-2009, 08:16 AM
( *Joe)
What did you want me to do?
I had a look through my ZC folder but I couldn't find that quest anywhere

Nicholas Steel
02-16-2009, 09:11 AM
he might upload it and post it here, you take it away, discombobulate it and remove the password then upload and post the new copy... that's what I gather so far.

Joe123
02-16-2009, 09:31 AM
How's he expecting me to do that?

Last time I checked, my discombobulating was pretty poor.

Revfan9
02-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I remember hearing that developers have the tools necessary to remove a password from a quest. Not sure if it's true tho. Anyway, isn't the hash just an MD5? Shouldn't be terribly difficult to develop a rainbow table for, esp. if it's unsalted (one probably already exists!).

Gleeok
02-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I just thought it was easy for you guys to bypass the quest passwords.
Wasn't trying to be sneaky about it though, but I did stick the link at the end of my post. :p

hmm... (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97774)

Nicholas Steel
02-16-2009, 11:32 AM
developers can remove the password authentication part of zquest and use that to open quests... then they just resave quests with the necessary changes and now you got a modified quest.

Joe123
02-16-2009, 12:08 PM
I think it'd be more correct to say 'developers who have been working with the code for more than a few weeks can remove the password authentication part of ZQuest'.

EDIT:
Although, if it's as simple as adding a return statement into that part of the code...

EDIT2:
Ah, turns out it was just that easy.
I now have a build that ignores passwords. Heh.

EDIT3:
And now it's back to normal.
That was reasonably painless actually.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yemeonny3zn

King Aquamentus
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes there is a tool that bypasses encoded quests. I have one.

Revfan9
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Actually, while we're on the subject, you know what's always bothered me? The way you use "Summoner" enemies is something that comes from UI design hell, straight from Ballmer himself: It's a UI element that nobody will ever be able to figure out on their own (except by the rare chance of sheer luck), and fewer people who will bother to look it up before they post questions on it.

If the ZC community really does spring back to life when 2.5 stable comes out, expect to see the ZC help forum get SWAMPED with questions about this, just like with the "How do I play custom quests?" thing.

Gleeok
02-19-2009, 08:40 AM
I think it'd be more correct to say 'developers who have been working with the code for more than a few weeks can remove the password authentication part of ZQuest'.

EDIT:
Although, if it's as simple as adding a return statement into that part of the code...

EDIT2:
Ah, turns out it was just that easy.
I now have a build that ignores passwords. Heh.

EDIT3:
And now it's back to normal.
That was reasonably painless actually.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yemeonny3zn

Oh snap! Muchos Gracias Senior. :)

..Man I haven't looked through there in ages.

Gleeok
02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
Umm... It's corrupted >_< Thanks for trying though.

Decrypting...okay.
Opening...okay.
Reading Header...okay.
Reading Rules...okay.
Reading Strings...okay.
Reading Doors...okay.
Reading DMaps...okay.
Bad token! Searching...
found.
Reading Misc. Data...okay.
Bad token! Searching...
found.
Reading Misc. Colors...okay.
Reading Game Icons...okay.
Reading Items...okay.
Reading Weapons...okay.
Reading Maps...okay.
Bad token! Searching...
found.
Reading Combo Aliases...okay.
Reading Color Data...okay.
Reading Tiles...okay.
Reading Tunes...okay.
Reading Cheat Codes...okay.
Reading Init. Data...okay.
Bad token! Searching...
found.
Reading Custom Guy Data...okay.
Reading Custom Link Sprite Data...okay.
Reading Custom Subscreen Data...okay.
Reading FF Script Data...okay.
Reading SFX Data...okay.
Bad token! Searching...
Done.

Joe123
02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh.
I'll have another look in a bit.

It opened ok for me, but maybe removing the password like that moved all of the data along in the file or something.