PDA

View Full Version : planning

skinnyboy
02-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Hey evrabody. I decided id like to attempt to make a game but was hoping to get a few things clarified before devoting tons of time to it. Mainly, some features I wanted to have in the game I have no idea whether theyre possible or not without programming knowledge. Ive read a good chunk of some of the tutorial stuff but have yet to see answers to the following. Sorry if this is all basic crap your sick of reading.

1) navigation through the overworld is dependant on water level which is changed when temples are completed. this would require a single switch to drastically change the entire overworld, and would occur at least 4 times.

2) enemies never drop money, it can only be found

3) damage, range, and fire rate of weapons and tools can be altered

and finally, which version of zq and 3rd party stuff would you recommend?

thanks

SpykStorm
02-14-2009, 08:37 PM
1) navigation through the overworld is dependant on water level which is changed when temples are completed. this would require a single switch to drastically change the entire overworld, and would occur at least 4 times.

I think you would need four different overworlds , each one representing the overworld in one of it's four states. When you set up the warp in the triforce room of a dungeon, you would just have it warp you to the next overworld.

2) enemies never drop money, it can only be found
It's like that by default with most enemies.

3) damage, range, and fire rate of weapons and tools can be altered

That's possible with the 2.5 alphas.

skinnyboy
02-15-2009, 01:40 PM
cool thanks

Joe123
02-15-2009, 02:41 PM
It's like that by default with most enemies.

Actually, no it's not.
Nearly all enemies have some rupees in their drop sets by default.

You can change the drop sets nowadays to take out the rupees though, so in answer to the original question; yes it is possible.