PDA

View Full Version : how do i put music into caves???

LoneLion
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
okay it seems that i'm the only guy who doesn't know how to set up midis inside a cave(where a guy and message string comes out) 'cuz no1 else has posted this. But anyways, I need help putting a midi inside a cave(not a mini-dungeon cave). The zquest version is 2.10 and i've worked on this project for about a year so i kinda know how things work out but not this...So again...How do I set up midi music inside a cave (the kind of cave where a 'guy' shows up along with a string)????

rocksfan13
02-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Is it a cave that warps to screen 80?
If so, there is no way.
If you want a midi in you caves, you have to create a warp to a cave created by you set to a dmap.

LoneLion
02-12-2009, 11:23 PM
"you have to create a warp to a cave created by you set to a dmap". what kind of warp(entrance/exit, cave/item room, etc)?

CaRmAgE
02-12-2009, 11:58 PM
You can use either 'entrance/exit' or 'insta-warp', whichever works for you.

rocksfan13
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
It cannot be a cave/item room.
Create a new room on another Dmap. Give it a midi and a level number higher than 0.
Then you only need to create the insta-warp to it to get your midi to run. However, you will need to also set up the guy and string "in" that room too.

LoneLion
02-14-2009, 06:59 PM
thx guys i finally figured it out because of you. thx a lot and it works perfectly the way i wanted it too